Question Drive not accessible - "A device which does not exist was specified" error on new M.2 drive ?

Tomgoughh

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2017
Having a weird error. Set up a new 2tb Samsung 980 Pro m.2 a couple of months ago and its been fine up until now. I started to install some games on it but it seems to be causing issues where ill start playing a game, the game will freeze/crash and when i go to try and open anything stored on the drive i get the error
"'G: is not accessible, a device which does not exist was specified".

If i go and restart my PC I can get back into all the files and folders fine but it only seems to be when playing some games its causing the issue as I had no problem before.
Anyone got any idea what could be the issue and what could be causing it?
Thanks!

Tomgoughh

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2017
Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version at the time of writing? Using Samsung's Magician app, see if the SSD has any firmware updates pending. Is the SSD under a heatsink on the motherboard?

Asus B550-F WiFi --- Bios Version - 2803
Have just updated SSD firmware through samsung magician and just got the same issue.
Yes, SSD is under a heatsink.

Tomgoughh

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2017
Now getting it without being in any game, could just be trying to save a document to the drive and I then get the error. Also had a few blue screen crashes over the last couple of days with a 'CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED' error

TRENDING THREADS