Driver for Deskpro P400/6 4 System

Hello
I am looking for help locating drivers for this machine...uses Windows
98---seems like all is OK except for the modem.
I would appreciate any assistance.

I have gone through all of what I could find at compaq, but probably
have missed it.

I appreciate the time.
Thanks
Joe

hh

Since not that many commercial desktops (DeskPros) of that era came with
modems, it's likely someone added a third party modem to it and Compaq would
not offer drivers for it. Your best bet likely would be to physicallty
remove the modem and check to see what brand it is, then go to the mfgr's
website and look for 98 drivers.
HH

"wizzer" <wizzer@delmarny.us> wrote in message
> Hello
> I am looking for help locating drivers for this machine...uses Windows
> 98---seems like all is OK except for the modem.
> I would appreciate any assistance.
>
> I have gone through all of what I could find at compaq, but probably
> have missed it.
>
> I appreciate the time.
> Thanks
> Joe

If drivers cannot be found at the MODEM manufacturer's web site or the modem
manufacturer web site does not exist, the next step is to determine the modem
chipset. The CHIPSET manufacturers most often post so-called reference drivers
on their web sites. Just as often, a modem manufacturer, especially one with
cheap products, will make cosmetic changes to the reference driver and package
it with the modem sold... Ben Myers

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 06:10:28 -0400, "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Since not that many commercial desktops (DeskPros) of that era came with
>modems, it's likely someone added a third party modem to it and Compaq would
>not offer drivers for it. Your best bet likely would be to physicallty
>remove the modem and check to see what brand it is, then go to the mfgr's
>website and look for 98 drivers.
>HH
>
>"wizzer" <wizzer@delmarny.us> wrote in message
>> Hello
>> I am looking for help locating drivers for this machine...uses Windows
>> 98---seems like all is OK except for the modem.
>> I would appreciate any assistance.
>>
>> I have gone through all of what I could find at compaq, but probably
>> have missed it.
>>
>> I appreciate the time.
>> Thanks
>> Joe