[SOLVED] Drives appear in BIOS storage configuration butwill not show up in the boot order.

Mar 19, 2021
I've just built a PC for the first time, and upon turning it on and attempting to boot it from my m.2 ssd, the drive won't show up in the boot order. I thought it was an issue with the ssd, but upon connecting the hard drive from my old PC (which I cloned the ssd from), that wouldn't show up either. The little red light on the motherboard has oh-so helpfully told me that this is a "boot" issue. I'm completely new to all of this. Sites suggest that it could be a defective motherboard if the drives themselves aren't the problem, but I wanted to get some opinions in case I'm overlooking something. Anyone know how to fix this?

Solution
Idk how to mark this as 'solved' but i ended up hearing back from my online buddy and he was like "did you clone it as mbr and not gpt" and i re-cloned the drive as gpt and that fixed it :)

thanks u for your attempts to help. You'll probably never see me again.

USAFRet

Titan
It will not appear in the boot order, until you install the OS on it.

Do NOT bother with connecting the OS drive from your old PC.

Disconnect ALL drives except for the one you wish the OS to be on, and install.

You DO have a USB to install with, correct?

Mar 19, 2021
It will not appear in the boot order, until you install the OS on it.

Do NOT bother with connecting the OS drive from your old PC.

Disconnect ALL drives except for the one you wish the OS to be on, and install.

You DO have a USB to install with, correct?
The OS is already installed on both drives.

Mar 19, 2021
Idk how to mark this as 'solved' but i ended up hearing back from my online buddy and he was like "did you clone it as mbr and not gpt" and i re-cloned the drive as gpt and that fixed it :)

thanks u for your attempts to help. You'll probably never see me again.

Solution