[SOLVED] Dropped Nvme

Nov 29, 2019
So I did an oopsie and had my brand new wd black 500gb nvme fall out of its packaging as i was putting it back in after inspecting it. It fell a little over 2 feet onto a wood floor and i think it might have hit my foot on the way down and skidded a bit. No obvious signs of damage but I'm still a bit worried since I wont know if it works till around Christmas. Can nvmes generally survive medium falls like this or am I out a hundred and some dollars?

Encryption+

Upstanding
Sep 26, 2019
It depends what part of the drive hit the floor and how hard. It's likely that it's fine SSD's aren't as sensitive as HD's, but the only way your going to know for sure is to plug it into a computer and see if it works.

So I did an oopsie and had my brand new wd black 500gb nvme fall out of its packaging as i was putting it back in after inspecting it. It fell a little over 2 feet onto a wood floor and i think it might have hit my foot on the way down and skidded a bit. No obvious signs of damage but I'm still a bit worried since I wont know if it works till around Christmas. Can nvmes generally survive medium falls like this or am I out a hundred and some dollars?
There's no moving parts so unless it's visibly damaged, should have no problems.