Question DTS Custom with USB adapter?

ZFGFade

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
I am using an Astro A10 with the splitter that it came with, and I'm also using equalizer apo to improve the mic quality, and DTS Custom is turned on.
Basically, because the microphone is plugged directly into the pc 3.5mm jack, naturally it has a lot of noise, so I want to remove the noise from the mic (without using software, because that just ruins the quality), any suggestions would be appreciated :)

I think I could get rid of the noise by buying this TRRS to USB adapter.
But I don't know if I could just plug it in and it would just work with the headphone and mic being separate inputs, and I also don't know if I will be able to use DTS Custom with this setup, thought I'm pretty sure equalizer apo will still work.

Specs:
TUF B450 PLUS GAMING
Astro A10

Any suggestions on how to remove the noise while still being able to use DTS Custom?

Lutfij

Titan
Adding an USB driven sound card to remove white noise isn't a good idea. If I were you. I'd try and identify the noise's source, which in your case can be either bad drivers or that your PSU is in bad shape or your power grid in your abode is bad(grounding issue). First off, check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing. Then take a look at your OS version. Following those two, and if you don't have to update them, you can uninstall your audio drivers and reinstall them with the latest found off of Asus support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Might want to also see if relocating the system to another wall socket changes the background noise.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

ZFGFade

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
Adding an USB driven sound card to remove white noise isn't a good idea. If I were you. I'd try and identify the noise's source, which in your case can be either bad drivers or that your PSU is in bad shape or your power grid in your abode is bad(grounding issue). First off, check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing. Then take a look at your OS version. Following those two, and if you don't have to update them, you can uninstall your audio drivers and reinstall them with the latest found off of Asus support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Might want to also see if relocating the system to another wall socket changes the background noise.

I tried the headset both on my laptop (Zephyrus G14) and phone (Galaxy A7 2017), the noise only went away on the phone, I'm presuming because it has a built-in dac for the mic.

I think there is definitely noise coming from my power grid, because I live in an old apartment with only one wall plug in my room, and yes I know that running about 20 electronics from the same wall plug is a massive fire hazard lol.
I don't think the psu is causing any issues, it's an eVGA SuperNOVA G1+ 650W Fully Modular 80PLUS Gold and I got the whole pc brand new in late 2019

Oh and I don't have any driver issues at all.