Question Dual Channel issues on ASUS X570 plus (AMD)

treske23

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2014
Computer was running perfectly fine. Turned it off one day when I went to bed, woke up the next day and it wouldn't post. DRAM light showing on motherboard. I assumed it was either CPU or Ram issue with seating so I reseated both and made sure no bent/missing/dirty pins on CPU. Also reseated all connectors from PSU. Still... no post. After lots of tinkering with using different speeds of RAM I had laying around I was able to get it to post with 2133 MHZ 8GB kit and used that to enable DOCP and swapped in my original RAM (PARTS list will be at the end of the thread.) Still... no post. Eventually found it would post with one stick of RAM but disabled DOCP (I cleared CMOS) So I reenabled it and tried again with a single stick of RAM. Posted fine. Shut everything down and placed second stick in. No post. Went back to one stick opened Corsair ICUE and force updated that stick. Then installed the second and it posted. About ten minutes later screen freezes and I turn the machine off. Upon restarting No post. Eventually tried putting both sticks in the Black ram slots (The non recommended one for dual channel) and it posted. Played games on it like that for a while until it froze again and then restarted to no post. Currently I got it to post with my original kit of RAM but with one stick in the far right black slot and one in the far right grey slot. So its running slower than normal. Any suggestions or anyone had similar issues?

Parts list:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
RAM (Original RAM from before having any issues): Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB (Kit number CMW32GX4M2C3200C16)
Motherboard: ASUS TUF gaming X570 Plus (Non WIFI version)
PSU: Corsair CX750W
GPU: ASUS STRIX 2060

EDIT: This computer was built about a year ago and worked completely fine up until about two days ago.

Lutfij

Titan
Went back to one stick opened Corsair ICUE and force updated that stick.
Can you elaborate on that?

With your bare minimum on the rams, one stick, can you get into BIOS? If so, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? What OS version are you on for your platform? When clearing CMOS, it's advised that you disconnect from the wall and display, press down on the power button and then remove the CMOS battery for 30 minutes to drain any/all residual power from the platform.

Can you also try and reinstall your chipset drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?