Russsel_Leonard

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016
Hi! I'm planning to build 2 budget gaming pc. I want them to run in dual channel, supposedly 2x4gb (total of 8gb). In our store they only sell 1 stick 4gb and 1 stick of 8gb same brand, not in pairs. Is it ok to buy two 4gb for each pc even though it doesn't come in pairs, will it run dual channel? Or should I buy 1 8gb for each pc? They said that dual channel is better for gaming. Sorry for my english.

Solution
As said you will probably be able to but it is always a risk as even the same models can differ enough to cause potential issues (change in PCB, DRAM chips etc). If you don't feel safe with your online store then best buy them locally and test them thoroughly. If they pass great. If they fail return them.

Russsel_Leonard

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016
You can try and run them as pairs yes. There is the off chance for issues such as instability, crashing or just not working. What brand is the memory?

Would it not be possible to purchase a memory kit online?

The brand is Kingston hyperx fury 4gb/8gb 2400Mhz.

It's possible online. But I don't trust our online store. I live in Philippines by the way.

As said you will probably be able to but it is always a risk as even the same models can differ enough to cause potential issues (change in PCB, DRAM chips etc). If you don't feel safe with your online store then best buy them locally and test them thoroughly. If they pass great. If they fail return them.

Solution

Russsel_Leonard

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016

What is the better way to test if the ram is compatible with each other? how can I sure if it is pass?