CcAgan

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
So I am thinking about moving back to AMD and I am looking to build a beast of a workstation.. How ever I am upset that THG never benchmarks the workstation/server class processors with the desktop units..

I am very intrested in using a dual proc dual core opteron configuration but I want to see how the various modles stand up against the toledo core x2's. The ideal machine would be two dual core opteron's with some form of sli video option and 2+ GB of ram. And 2 raptors in raid 0 with a few other large cap. sata2 drives for my actual data (media, ect). I would also concider overclocking.. but I don't know how the opt. would like that.. thoughts?

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
jesse he wanted to dual core optys he can get the 265 its 349 off of newegg and also since he wants a workstation get the k8n-dl its an ok motherboard!(very easy to set up fixed a freinds comp with the same mobo)

koolaidkitten

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
correct me if im wrong
i don't think there is a dual socket mobo for opteron that has SLI

the opterons offer very good value to the overclocker. but youll have to live with single proc i think if you want SLI

mpjesse

Splendid
My bad. Didn't notice he wanted dual cpu, dual core setup. Nice catch.

CcAgan- like dvdpiddy said, get the Opteron 265- not 165. (if you want a dual cpu setup).

-mpjesse