[SOLVED] Dualbooting windows 10 and windows 7

Jun 19, 2021
Hi, i have a question umm i have a hard drive from my broken laptop and it still have a windows 7 on it, if i booted on my windows 7 will my main machine which has windows 10 will the files on my windows 10 will lose?
Yeah ik my English is bad.

Solution
Nothing will happen to your windows 10 files unless you do something to them or the old disk has some virus or something.
But chances are that the windows 7 disk will not boot into windows on a system with different hardware because of drivers and you will also loose your license and will have to renew it.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
Hi, i have a question umm i have a hard drive from my broken laptop and it still have a windows 7 on it, if i booted on my windows 7 will my main machine which has windows 10 will the files on my windows 10 will lose?
Yeah ik my English is bad.
No it will be completely fine. Nothing will get formatted
But it can get formatted if your harddrive has GPT and the other has MBR
Check this first

Nothing will happen to your windows 10 files unless you do something to them or the old disk has some virus or something.
But chances are that the windows 7 disk will not boot into windows on a system with different hardware because of drivers and you will also loose your license and will have to renew it.

Solution