Duke Nukem Forever Not Dead? (Yes, This Again)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm not allowed to tell you about it either, but will give you all some more hints. I've given the DNF team an advance on their project of 80 million dollars. Yes, that's right. 4 times the cash they've blown in the last decade. However it's not unrealistic to think it will won't ever be released because they will just waste the cash and time. The good news is the 80 million will keep them in development for at least another 40 to 50 years. Oh, and by then Duke game and girls will appear as 3D touch holograms that appear in your room! That's if it comes out. Enjoy!

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]There's one person who took a 15 year old game and is now playing it again. That's the mark of a truely classic game, can you honestly tell me there is another game that sits in the collective subconsious of the gamer as much as Duke? I think not...[/citation]

Well I am probably weird that I tend to try and hang onto all my old games, but only the true classics get played again. On that note I would say Duke was very fun and still is. I am also looking into playing Rise of the Triad again and some other classics from that era lol

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Well i can say this, i liked DN3D, but not enough to keep asking when, when, when. It was a good game for its time. I would rather see a new Dark Forces or Spear of Destiny, honestly. JMO

G

I think people need to really take a look at what is being said here by Jon. Yes he says read between the lines but it could just be a ploy on his part. He may not have have heard anything about DNF - if that's the case then his main income may becoming from these appearances at conventions and such. And what would be a better crowd hyper that would cause word of mouth spread about His appearances than DNF!? It's his cash cow - his one chance to keep people showing up just to hear about this supposed future game.. I am reading between the lines.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Dax Corrin[/nom]They better decide soon, or the guy who does the voice of Duke Nuken will be dead forever.[/citation]
I seriously doubt they would use the same guy to do the voice. They haven't use the same actor for Kane in C&C, the only voice-over guy to reprise the same role over such a long timeframe is Peter Cullen, who did the voice for Optimus Prime in the original cartoon as well as the new movies, (also did Venger in the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon, but that's just being geeky now).

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]HavoCnMe[/nom]Well i can say this, i liked DN3D, but not enough to keep asking when, when, when. It was a good game for its time. I would rather see a new Dark Forces or Spear of Destiny, honestly. JMO[/citation]
It may not be called Dark Forces, but hasn't there been shed-loads of Jedi games, all the way up to Force Unleashed, and more on the horizon?

dialntone

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I'm Hurting inside because of you 3D Realms, I went through 3 major nick names.. Carbomb101, Dialntone, Edwardxp3 -- and, still you' manage not to prep out a new edition of Duke Nukem. --- I am insulted, Sir. as the Indians would say' I am ' offended, and as the philopenos would say' No no no no no, not good... and as the asians would say' I don't understand.. no' not me oh no.... and as the mexicans would say' WTF!?

G

If 3D Realms want to prove they're serious about making Duke Nukem Forever, they should put out monthly public betas until it's ready for release.

G

Does anyone really care about this crappy series anymore? Honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.