E6600 at buy.com

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UnWorldly

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
I just pressed cancel on my buy.com order as well. I am ordering a p5b rather than the p5w dh because newegg had it in stock and the differences aren't enough to make me want to wait for a p5w dh.

I am getting an e6600 and p5b from newegg now, buy.com was completely useless in getting a system to me before school started and newegg ships the fastest, out of all the stuff I ordered on the same day theirs arrived first. I was really surpriesed that I could grab those parts today, I didnt think I would be able to get stuff from them because it was always selling out too fast.

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
They can only ship what they have..

Places like Newegg and BLT just keep after motorola to divert shipments to them Buy.com doesn't...

I don't blame them...

tigertribe

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
I don't really blame buy.com as this is not their bread and butter business. They are basically a discount e-tailer that makes a profit on large volumes, large product selection, and low margins. They don't make their profit by responding to customers concerns and shipping promptly. However, while their service is weak, consumers often reap the benefit of lower prices.

That said, my patience only extends so far. If they can't scrounge up some of these conroes soon (like newegg seems to have done), I'm going to bail.

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I got that Email from Buy.com today

Just a note to let you know that we are still working hard on filling your order
blah blah blah....

So it is an automatic message depending upon days in the q

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I got that Email from Buy.com today

Just a note to let you know that we are still working hard on filling your order
blah blah blah....

So it is an automatic message depending upon days in the q

poo_brain

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
I cancelled my buy.com order and I put my order in with newegg Tuesday night and got my e6600 on Friday. Although it was $30, it was available and I needed it. I am disappointed I had to pay a little more, but it was worth it knowing when I could get it and when it would get to me. I think buy.com dropped the ball on this one and newegg picked it up.

UnWorldly

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
buy.com still hasnt cancled my p5w dh order, they better not charge me for that thing I have it cancelled! It isnt the end of the world, I guess I could sell it if they do end up sending it to me, but now I dont want it, i dont understand why they cancelled the e6600 so easily but they cant drop my mobo order yet.

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
UnWorldly,

You are looking a little sick to me....

Maybe you should go home and take care of that :)

You know, being nice to the other folks at work since you don't want to make them sick as well ;)

You could be the hero for not making people sick :)

GL on the build..

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
As much as I am temted to go with another vendor I refuse to pay inflated prices.

My 2.5 Celeron D is not that slow I can wait a few more weeks if need be....

UnWorldly

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
It is so very tempting, I am alone in the office today, they wouldn't notice if I left! But When they get back they would notice if stuff was not done yet.

I dropped by the mailbox at lunch time and picked up the boxes! It is all sitting there ready to go I just gotta find some time to assemble it, and I gotta drop by the local compusa to pick up a damn mounting bracket for my cpu cooler that I stupidly forgot to order, sigh.

Hopefully I am not missing any other pieces...

good luck with your buy.com orders guys, I calculated it out and my cpu + mobo of choise was only 40 bucks more on newegg.

TheManOfSteel

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2006
I ordered my P5W DH Deluxe from xtremepcgear.com for ~$254 shipped out. It arrived last week, just waiting on my E6600 from BLT to arrive on Thursday so I can start building :)

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
I just gotta find some time to assemble it, and I gotta drop by the local compusa to pick up a damn mounting bracket for my cpu cooler that I stupidly forgot to order, sigh.

I bought the Scythe Ninja cooler and had no idea that it needs a mounting bracket...in fact I think my cooler comes with different size brackets for just about any mobo...I'll have to check, but since I'm waiting for buy.com I have plenty of time...

My current rig is a 3.2ghz prescott so I'm not in any rush.

tigertribe

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
I got another generic email from buy.com saying that the e6600 I've had on order since Aug 5th is still not in stock. Around the same time I got a back in stock alert from zipzoomfly. ZZF was $355 or $10 more than my buy.com order, so I cancelled buy.com and placed my order with ZZF.

I think buy.com will probably have stock soon as availability of the 6600 is now pretty good, but $10 is worth it to me to have it for the long labor day weekend. My current computer is 4 years old and basically useless. Relative to the cost of my entire build, $10 is not too significant.

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
They are back to their " OUT OF STOCK" message again. Seems like they alternate between 1-2weeks and out of stock. I have to wonder if they are actually getting in limited stock and fulfilling backorders but I haven't heard of anyone getting one from them...

I bought the Scythe Ninja cooler and had no idea that it needs a mounting bracket...in fact I think my cooler comes with different size brackets for just about any mobo...I'll have to check, but since I'm waiting for buy.com I have plenty of time...

The Scythe Ninja comes with a mounting bracket in case your motherboard doesn't have one.

Just forget Buy.com.

ZipZoomFly is selling the E6600 for $355 with free ground shipping. It is in stock as of now (11:00am EST, 8/30)

The current price over at Buy.com is $389 and it's out of stock.

tica

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
Sheesh - looks like the country's largest distributor could get buy.com some chips, everyone else has them. Looks like BDC has to buy from Ingram.

[code:1:fec7b5a335]1. Purpose

The purpose of this Agreement is to provide the terms and conditions for
the purchase and resale by Buy.com and the sale by Ingram to Buy.com of
various computer products including both hardware and software offered by
Ingram to its customers ("Product"), excluding electronic software
distribution (ESD) product.

2. Terms of Sale

A. Buy.com will source all of its Product requirements from Ingram during
the term of this Agreement, provided that the Product is available at the
time Buy.com places its order. In the even the Product is not available or
is not offered to Buy.com by Ingram, Buy.com shall have the right to source
such Product from another source.
[/code:1:fec7b5a335]

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
What it actually look like is that BUY.COM offered these processors cheaper then they can be bought right now and that these "Other Vendors" purchased them at a premium to be able to sell everything else that goes along with them.
I believe that they either have processors and are hoping enough cancel to make their business case worth while or they refuse to get them from their suppliers at inflated prices. Either way they are screwing us in the end.