E6600 at buy.com

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Shipped !!@!@!#!#!Shipped !!@!@!#!#!Shipped !!@!@!#!#!Shipped !!@!@!#!#!Shipped !!@!@!#!#!Shipped !!@!@!#!#!Shipped !!@!@!#!#!Shipped !!@!@!#!#!Shipped !!@!@!#!#!Shipped !!@!@!#!#!

It actually shipped today!!!!!

Thats what I'm talkin about !!!!

My Holes are now sealed !!!!

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Yup... $309.... It was worth the wait!!!

sku description qty price status
85087840 receive a 30% off instant credit when approved for a Buy.com Visa Card. Excludes Cellular. Up to a $30.00 coupon value. Must use your new Buy.com Visa Card to checkout 1 $0.00 Redeemed
202730357 Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz Dual-Core Socket 775 Processor ( 1066MHz FSB 4MB Cache ) Review this item. 1 $309.00 Shipped
Shipped on 8/31/2006 via FedEx Ground Service. 038055782772648

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
:x I'm still waiting! My status still says "sent to warehouse". I still have to wait for the mobo which I bought with the buy.com visa for the $30 savings.

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
Ewiz.com has the e6600 OEM for $327.54 plus $10 for shipping. I can cancel my buy.com order and get this, but for an extra few dollars I'd rather have the retail version with the 3 year warranty. Plus the longer it takes the longer I have to pay for it :) .

UnWorldly

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
Decade,

Where else would they screw you ;)

J/K

Hey Unworldly,

How goes the build?

It's been up for 3 days, temps are ranging between 35 and 48 (according the the asus probe software) with that zalman 7000b alcu cooler, they were higher when I first put it together so my as5 is prolly curing still. No overclocking, I need this thing to be stable and quiet. I haven't had much time to play with it yet but I will have alot more this weekend. I put winxp 64 bit on there and managed to find drivers for everything except my cheap crappy hp printer, and my cheap crappy cannon scanner. I've watched a bunch of demo's that my old computer couldn't run and I installed a few programs on it. The hard drives are a bit louder than I want (they make this loud "revving up" noise) and I still need to call antec and have them send me those new suspension cables for the p150. I am thinking about ordering an intake fan to blow on those drives a little more (the new perpendicular seagates seem to get a little hot), but I would rather not make the thing any louder.

I need to move a bunch of furniture and reassemble the other half of my desk so my stereo can fit, which will enable me to try out the delta 44(still have to buy some audio cables for it too), I am itching to see how much lower the latency is. I also need to install fedora on the 2nd hard drive, copy over all my old backed up files, and re-wire my network so I can stop using the wireless(which works great BTW, but it shares the PCI bus with the delta sound card and the machine is meant to minimize audio latency so that won't fly for much longer)

The asus website has linuxdrivers for the mobo stuff, sweet!

I don't have any newer games but damn this thing runs UT2K4 like a beast, I feel like I can actually see what is going on around me now! I am looking for suggestions for games that can really flex this 7600gt but not anything that is too much for it, I've been out of the loop for a few years. When I ran morrowind I got some weird spiky looking effect, alot of the 3d would stretch across the whole screen when it wasn't supposed to and look like crap. I crashed the thing once while playing nexuiz (open source quake-like game that uses opengl) I was downloading stuff in the background and while I was playing the download finished and tried to pop a window up, which put the thing into an infinite loop of switching resolutions and alternating between the game and the window, so I had to hit reset. So there seems to be some issues with this passive cooled 7600gt of mine that I need to look into.

I still have alot of tweaking, trimming, and cusomizing to do, I still need to tie up all the cables in the case, and I have to re-arrange my living space to have hookups for all my stuff. My place didnt really have a computer desk because I would just sit on the couch with my laptop and I had my router hooked up where my TV is, so now I have to rearrange all my stuff for a computer station.

But is is a shock, a huge leap forward, I'm still going OMFG at the idea that I can run a program that uses shaders, things take half the time that I expect them to, I'll mess around with my music stuff this weekend and really get a chance to see what it can do, so far I havent stressed the cpu very much, just been oggling the 7600gt stuff (which is sad I know, cuz there is much more powerful things out there, but this thing is meant more for audio than graphics)

so did I read that right? Buy.com has shipped something to somebody?

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Yea... Theyshipped me yesterday. I will get it on Tuesday.

Good to see you are up and running.. This is going to be a LONG 3 day weekend /////

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
After getting my e6600 the price on buy.com went down $2.00. I called the customer service number (the people in India) and asked about a refund, or applying the $2.00 to my mobo that is still on backorder and they said they can issue me a $5.00 gift card as they cannot apply the credit to the mobo as they cannot change orders already placed.

I then called the California number and spoke to someone in the corporate office who credited me the $2.00 towards the mobo. I am EXTREMELY happy with the level of service I recieved from the CSR at the Ca. office and personally will buy from them again.

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
It shipped last week. But the point of my last post is the level of service from the corporate office. The CSR called me back with updates on more than one occasion. I knew that it was in stock on other sites but I held out for the price and am glad I did as I still don't have my mobo yet.