E6600 at buy.com

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dahacker

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
what are your specs.. posts some pics

orig.jpg

and none of it from buy.com

dahacker

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
I take it that is not the retail Fan....

Is it loud ??

The fan is a Zalman CNPS9500 without LED

http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=165&code=005

Fan noise is definitely in the ear of the beholder and really depends on the case you have it installed in. I think it is very quiet and I currently run it at ~1875 RPMs. I don't see many of these on the forums here. People here love the other monster HSFs out there. But frankly I think the monster HSFs are better suited to the older generation of CPUs.

Many of the reviews of this HSF felt that the CNPS9500 was relatively loud at the lower RPMs as compared to other HSFs.

The E6600 runs at 37C under full orthos load with this setup!

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
OK...getting back on topic here, I called Buy.com and instead of calling the customer service number I called the corporate number and asked the receptionist to connect me to their purchasing department. I ended up with a customer support rep who asked for my phone number to call me back after checking with Intel, and they have an ETA of August 25.

Yea!! Now if I can only find that Asus p5w dh...

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
hmm and what does ETA stand for ESTIMATED time of arrival... they don't know when they are getting stuff.. lying bastards.. go with newegg

mark8987

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
Yea!! Now if I can only find that Asus p5w dh...

I preordered an asus p5w deluxe from www.neqx.com a few days ago.

They weren't in stock, and had an ETA of 8/22. However, the price was good.

I just received an email today saying that they have shipped the motherboard - consistent with the ETA. They still describe the quantities as limited, so they might not have received enough to cover new orders, but you could give them a try.

If you don't mind paying an $8 premium for the E6600 over Newegg.com's prices then you may want to consider AllStarShop.com who sell it for $378 with free shipping. I ordered mine yesterday for $375 and I received the confirmation today that my E6600 has shipped.

Finally, the Asus P5W DH Deluxe in stock for $259. But you have to pay $10 for ground shipping. They give you a choice of either FedEx or UPS. I prefer FedEx.

Too bad I already bought the MSI 975X Platinum. Then again, I don't have a wireless setup at home.

Have fun shopping.

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I See that Buy.com has chaned their E6600 product page again to

In Stock Soon: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Weeks

Perhaps this is a result of that 25th ETA..

Lets see...

heizenberg

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
Like so many others, I too canceled my buy.com order for the E6600 after waiting for 2 weeks with no expected shipping time. What finally spurred me on was that newegg.com showed availability and I was able to actually put one in a shopping card and pay for it. It's disgusting that a brand name vendor like buy.com has either been having major problems with it's shipments. I can't believe that they have been holding out for higher paying customers because $50 per new E6600 customer (they've jacked up prices from $339 to $389) isn't all that much money in the long run compared to the sales they risk losing from pissed off customers.
Keeping my fingers crossed with newegg.com (my order is still just in step 3) and hoping to make use of the P5W DH board thats been sitting with me for a week now, soon.

heizenberg

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
Like so many others, I too canceled my buy.com order for the E6600 after waiting for 2 weeks with no expected shipping time. What finally spurred me on was that newegg.com showed availability and I was able to actually put one in a shopping card and pay for it. It's disgusting that a brand name vendor like buy.com has either been having major problems with it's shipments. I can't believe that they have been holding out for higher paying customers because $50 per new E6600 customer (they've jacked up prices from $339 to $389) isn't all that much money in the long run compared to the sales they risk losing from pissed off customers.
Keeping my fingers crossed with newegg.com (my order is still just in step 3) and hoping to make use of the P5W DH board thats been sitting with me for a week now, soon.

heizenberg

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I cancelled my Buy.com order ages ago, and already have my system up and running. I paid about $30 more from other sites in total. Was worth every cent!

tigertribe

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
This afternoon I received an email (below) from support@customerservice.buy.com regarding the 6600 I ordered on August 5th. I never contacted them, so this email was unsolicited.

Hello XXXXXX,

Just a note to let you know that we are still working hard on filling
your order #XXXXXXX.
We have placed an urgent order with our suppliers and are waiting on
the backordered or preordered product(s) below.

You'll receive an email from us once your item is on its way.

Order #XXXXXXX

sku - 202730357 : description - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz Dual-Core
Socket 775 Processor ( 1066MHz FSB 4MB Cache )

If you wish to cancel your order for this item please visit
https://secure.buy.com/corp/support/login.asp,
or if you have any questions please contact customer support at
http://www.buy.com/support.

Sincerely,
Customer Support Team

If you don't mind paying an $8 premium for the E6600 over Newegg.com's prices then you may want to consider AllStarShop.com who sell it for $378 with free shipping. I ordered mine yesterday for $375 and I received the confirmation today that my E6600 has shipped.

UPDATE

AllStarShop.com is now selling the Core 2 Duo E6600 for $359 + $10 for ground shipping.

I just checked at 9:41pm EST (8/23/06) and they are in stock.

http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/product.asp?dept%5Fid=181&pid=15780&sid=Q5GKV12K6GVB9K4U91HJ4MGG7EGRD3B4

Mine should be arriving this Friday.

EDIT

Or just get it at Newegg.com for $370.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115003

Forget Buy.com

heizenberg

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
I think buy.com got caught off guard with the demand on these babies. I canceled my buy.com order quite painlessly and orderered it from newegg.com. It's been shipped and I already have a tracking number.

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I ordered on the 6th and I didn't get thay EMAIL lets see if it is another time related email and I get it today.

But When I got home I did have a CPU waiting for me !!!!

Not not from buy.com and not a 6600, just a $30 Celeron, I needed to get these components working in case I needed to ship back anything.. Everything is fine at least I can use it. My 6600 is conly costing me $309 so it is worth it for me to wait a bit longer.

tigertribe

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
I am going to hold out until 8/26. If I have not gotten a ship date, I am going to cancel and go with NewEgg (assuming they still have some in stock). NewEgg is dependable, and I am learning that that is worth something.

Buy.com had the better price, but 3 weeks and counting is a long time to wait. Buy.com has worked for me in the past, but I'll only use them in the future for low demand products that I am sure they will actually have in stock.