E6600 at buy.com

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

00h00m

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
I canceled my buy.com order yesterday and ordered from tigerdirect (in stock) and it shipped already. it ended up being about the same price since I don't pay tax from Tiget and I do from Buy.

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
I just got my p5w from mwave.. will arive on friday!

I am so happy this has finally worked out, I have now decided to never buy from buy.com again, bad experience.

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
anyone order from shopblt and think your gonna beat buy.com out because it says ESTIMATED time of arrival is today? Well your sorely wrong, cause its almost tomorrow. I think shopblt.com is more fraudulant than buy.com because they listed the e6600 twice and did not meet those dates

GO NEWEGG and MWAVE!

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Buy.com just changed their E6600 ording page to :

Temporarily Sold Out.

This means one of 3 things..

1) they have reached a limit of what they know is coming in
2) They have received some chips and don't have enough
3) Don't mean nothing at all....

But the fact that it has happeded after the "16th" seems to be noteworthy..

Hopefully I can get that $309 (After additional $30 off) E6600 afterall...

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
How do you get an additional $30 off? I also have an order with buy.com. Fortunatly for me I can wait. I have to wait for my next credit card billing cycle to buy my mobo.

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
The privledges of good credit... I applied put it on that stupid buy.com credit card whcih gives you 30% off up to $30. So once I get it I will pay it off cancel and cut it up.

Free money is free money....

UnWorldly

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
I am still "on order", but curiously enough, the charge is processing on my credit card again. They had initially charged the full amount of my order, but before the charge cleared, they undid the charge, then charged 15 bux for one part I ordered. For a few days there was no buy.com activity in my account, but now that 600 dollar charge is showing up in the pending charges section again. It gives me hope, because they said they wouldnt charge me until the thing is ready to ship.

EDIT:
It just dissapeared from the card again before the transaction cleared, guess we are still waiting.

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Very odd that they say "OUT OF STOCK" now.. That tells me that they got some in and ran out.

I have seen some people sell these for $345 Shipped... I am getting a good deal from Buy.com but I am about to pull the plug. I felt I would give them today to get a shipment in so If I don't have any progress by monday I will buy elsewhere.

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
The probably shipped the ones that fetched the highest price first, and are holding off on the $339 shipments. I pulled the plug a long time ago on these guys. What a sham.

UnWorldly

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
Buy.com has commercials on the tv, I saw one today, so I guess they are big enough to be on the tv ads.

I really wish I could order the p5w dh and e6600 without having to camp web pages and click really really fast. I can't do that during the work day or I will get in trouble for wasting time. I just wanted to get myself in a queue rather than be forced to spend my days guarding the web for these things to become available.

Are there any places that are likely to ship sooner than buy.com that dont require camping their site when for when the parts become available, and also dont ask for a gouged price? So far it seems buy.com is one of the few that allow people to order and wait rather than wait and order, the other places at least tell your place in line but the queues look to be just as long so I dont want to drop out of the buy.com line just to get to the back of another one, sigh.

But at this point I am interested in alternatives because this is taking too long, school is about to start and I will be in trouble with no computer, I ordered on the 7th so I guess the end of their "1 to 2 weeks" span would fall on the 21st. I have everything except the CPU and mobo sittin in boxes waiting to be plugged in (except a copy of windows, I can get free ones through the academic alliance so I am waiting on school to start to get one of them). It looks like everybody is cancellng their oders and trying elsewhere, and I still havent found one person saying that buy.com has shipped them a core2.

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Same boat I am in, I have everything but the CPU. I had the opportunity to pick one up today for $337 but was afraid that I order and cancel then either buy.com ships or I order and cancel and then find out they were liers and had none.

Kind of frozen at this point, especilly since buy.com does not immediatly cancel your order.

JasonVaritekMVP

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
I just submitted my order for a 6600 to newegg and sent in a cancellation request to buy.com. If they give me any grief about canceling my order they will have to deal with a whole new kind of hell spawn. "don't make me angry ... you wont like me when I'm angry!" :D

Dave

JasonVaritekMVP

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
Ok, I just need to share with you guys my most recent experience. I just called up buy.com CS to try and verbally verify that my cancellation request has been recieved. I was told that it was submitted to their "cancellation department" and that I'll know if it was successful in "2 to 3 buisness days." I then pressed basically saying that the whole thing is computerized and it is either canceled or not. At that point the person on the other line said something unintelligible and the "Call was lost." Now let me just say that I've called up buy.com CS 3 times. The first time I hung up. The second time I was asking about their BS shipping and stock status ... that call was dropped. As far as I can tell, if you try and stand up for yourself even a little bit their CS "Drops the call."

I'm starting to grow weary of buy.com

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
Call buy.com's corporate office, not CS. ASk for the VP of customer service, or maybe it's VP of consumer affairs...something like that.

I am on vacation next week so will call corporate when I get back.

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I took the back road here..

I almost pulled the trigger and purchased from somewhere else.. My old Desktop is toast so I need something . I have all these new components here lying dormant and I don't know if they even work. I picked up a brand new Celeron D 2.5G on Ebay shipped for $30, My Buy.com E6600 order is only $315 shipped so I end up paying $345 total and I can sell the Celeron D for near the same price in a few weeks. I figure If I pull the triger for the 6600 now I will be paying at least 10-20 more then that and have nothing to show for it. NoW Buy.com can take their sweet time.....

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
NoW Buy.com can take their sweet time.....

I agree because I am in no rush. I have a decent rig...it's a p4 3ghz prescott with 2 gb ram and a 6600gt GPU. My brother-in-law gave it to me as he went Mac. The reason I don't like it is it is a server and has a server bios which I do not like. It also only has one case fan automatically spins faster as the machine gets hotter that gets so loud when playing Oblivion I have to turn the volume up so much on my speakers.

Also this computer is my b-day present and my b-day isn't for another month anyway...so yea, Buy.com can take their time, just so long as they deliver.

bravedog

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
I ordered on the 4th and I'm going to wait until the end of the month for it. I'll check twice a day to see if it shipped and I will post right away, for those of you who are curious...

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
This was on a review @ newegg, i thought the other thoughts was hilarious.

Pros: Great Performance for the price. This processor clearly is equal to or better than the opposition's best offering.

Cons: Intel does not enforce manufacturer pricing to protect its consumers, does not provide adequate quantities during a launch. Intel really needs to simply the way it markets its new products to reduce confusion among consumers, distributers, partners, and stores.

Other Thoughts: I feel like filing my taxes is easier than understanding this product launch.

LOLOLOL

UnWorldly

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
yep, the end of my "1 to 2 weeks" is today. First day of class is this coming wednesday.

Looks like I am going computerless for the start of the year, sigh.

I am gonna end up waiting, mainly because everybody else charges more and money is really tight right now, that and I am saving up for speakers.

Decade1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
As soon as I get my chip I will post pictures. I am encaseing my entire board in Bio tihsllub Gel, It is non electrical conductive but super heat conductive, up to 3000 degrees...

tihsllub Gel they should have named it backwards....