E6600 at buy.com

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UnWorldly

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
Is Jack selling himself now? The floozy!! :lol:

:lol:

next month is fine with me, my other parts are starting to show up at my door, but a couple weeks into sept would not be a huge problem, late november would suck, a huge chunk of school would be over and I would still be getting by without a computer, serves me right for trying to score exotic parts like these though.

Guess there really is nothing we can do to hurry it up, but it would be nice to have a better idea of what is going on and at what point in our order does the company place us in their shipment queue.

pcdoc

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
Alright everyone, the wait is finally over. I just got an e-mail from buy.com saying that my E6600 will be shipping on Wed!!! Is it true!!! could this be real???

Got your blood going did it!!! :lol:

pcdoc

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
Hey floge03,
Yes I am lying but, I do have some exciting news! My status just went from sent to warehouse to on order. Wow the most response I have heard from them since I odered last Monday. I think their systems are programed to respond after your order has been sitting there 4 a week. How long did it take 4 your status to change to "on order" after you placed your's?

pcdoc

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
That's what I thought, Allright!!! Everyone who ordered from buy.com. Let's get a show of hands Who's status shows "On Order". Maybe we can get a ballpark figure on the number of people who have order's in @ buy.com

dahacker

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
I'm in no rush and Buy.com is cheaper... I still have to buy a mobo, anyway.

Buy.com can go choke a:

309538.jpg

& for all you Buy.com straglers....."A Bird in Hand..."

poo_brain

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
Sorry, I am fairly new at buying things online. The price at buy.com is now 389.00. Will those who ordered at 339.00 get it for that much or will they try and make us pay the new price?

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
My order history still says $339. I don't think it is legal for them to charge those of us who ordered early the extra $50. I will call them later and ask, then post back if no one else has done so before me.

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Are you kidding, customers would sue the shit out of buy.com if they were to raise the price on us, not to mention it is illegal. We all have purchased our items at a price, there is no way that they are legally allowed to raise the price on us (maybe on pre-orders, but you would have to read the fine print)

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I cancelled my order at Buy.com and went with www.shopblt.com. They are expecting a huge shipment tomorrow. Chips cost around $350 with shipping. Only a $10 premium.

I decided to give up on Buy.com. Good luck guys!

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Yeah.. they were expecting a huge shipment on the 4th... and look where we are now!

The only reliable sellers are newegg and zipzoomfly, and even newegg is going downhill.

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
I just got off the phone with them and it is still 1-2 weeks. I am no rush as it delays billing, and I still need a mobo and psu anyway :wink: .

As for the price they will NOT increase the price on backorders (not that they could even if they wanted to).

UnWorldly

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
Mine did the same exact thing as that other guy, ordered on the 7th, took a week to show up as "on order" But I also ordered some AS5 with it and that has arrived.

The last rumor I heard was that there would be a shipment on the 16th, so the next couple weeks are going to be interesting.

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
I just checked newegg.com and the e6600 was instock (screw shopblt and buy.com)!

I purchased and it will be here in a couple of days.

However, I tried to cancel my buy.com order (but it says "we will let you know if your order was canceled within 1 business day") Does this mean that they might not actually cancel it and it will be shipped to me (I hope not)

Now all I have to is find my P5W DH mobo, im thinking with going with mwave.com.