E6600 at buy.com

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Mine says "sent to warehouse" if I do that? Not sure buddy?

PS. Do you think this is the cheapest E6600 available at the moment, with the highest probability of being shipping on Wednesday next week?

Agelmar

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
My bet would be on newegg. They are showing an ETA of 8/14 (monday) for their next shipment of Core 2 processors, and they don't do any back-order bs. Basically, just keep checking over the day, and especially around 3pm PDT (their ETA). If you see it in stock, be ready to buy it immediately. Get all your other stuff in your cart, possibly save it to a wishlist, and be ready to pounce. They are asking $459, which is not bad...

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
They're $360 on Buy.com, thats $100 less. I dont mind waiting a week to save $100. I'd rather put that money into a video card or get a hot new game.

I actually just called and spoke to them. Again, 1 - 2 weeks (and they said that 3 days ago). It's anynone's bet. I hope we dont get screwed. I'd pay $100 more if I knew I would only get one for a month.

My gut is that Conroe's official launch is 08/15. The whole process has been one big marketing scam (a successful one, because look at us - everyone is salivating). You cannot find a post here that doesnt talk about Conroe.

UnWorldly

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
such a mysterious store aint it? None of us seem to know what is going on, at least we are starting to gather and attempt to figure it out though.

Because nobody at buy.com will tell us our place in line, we don't really have any clue what our order status pages mean, we can only guess. I tried to ask the lady in a roundabout way, to see if she could give me a clue about it, because I imagine they know but aren't allowed to say, or can find out but don't wanna go through the effort of finding out for every person.

She told me my billing was ok on their side and I would get charged later, frustrating that she couldnt tell me anything about the queue for the backorder, that is what we really need right now, to get somebody at buy.com tell tell us about this friggin queue!

I would also really appreciate somebody reporting having succesfully obtained one of these things from them as well.

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
You might be right - maybe "on order" means yours has been reserved. Who knows.

You know what would be great - a blind auction for "X" amount of chips. Retailers have regular auctions (like on Wed each week). People go on there, punch it what they feel they would pay for it, and chips are allocated according to price every Wednesday, with a limit of 1 per person. If you've studied economics, you'll see that everyone wins in that situation.

That's right, its Friday and I'm bored.

UnWorldly

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
it would definately feel better than getting shafted by some random douche on ebay who for whatever reason had better connections to get one of these things.

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
My gut tells me that Buy.com only got attention when NewEgg punched up their prices so much (Wed I think). I think people we're looking at NewEgg to enter the market with a low cost and have relatively good availibility. After that, enthusiasts panicked.

If you put in your order into Buy.Com last week, you'll have your order ship on Thursday next week.

If you ordered this week like the rest of the fools (me on Wed after I saw what was going on), my guess out be Tuesday 08/22.

Feel free to add your predictions. We can always come back and check!

Note: You'll be able to get a E6600 next week probably on Tuesday, but the question is - what about the price. I could wait till the 22nd, BUT NO LONGER. I'm dying.

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
For me.. im worried about getting my E6600. However, I biggest fear is that the E6600 will become available on 8-16 (Wed) and then my P5W will be out of stock until late late august :(.

00h00m

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
I caved in and pulled the trigger at buy.com as well. Let's hope they ship these babies on Monday. I upgraded to 2day shipping to try and light a fire under their booty.

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
I just checked my order and both my P5W and E6600 are "on order" so I know I have reserved one of each in the next shipment! (hopefully next week)

dahacker

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
Here is the deal people.

The E6600 at Buy.com was showing a Buy.com sales ranking of 24 in the middle of last week. It now has a sales ranking of 15. On top of that NO ONE has ever received a E6600 from Buy.com yet.

What does this mean? So my GUESS is that THOUSANDS of E6600s have been ordered on Buy.com and MOST PEOPLE aren't going to receive JACK from Buy.com till sometime next month.

I'm personally not paying $100 more elsewhere and am just going to go outside and enjoy the weather.

P.S.....I think Newegg's pricing algorithm is freakin perfect and I commend them for their shrewd business tactics. I'm just not going to play their game.

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
I don't give a shit if a billion orders were placed. If buy.com receives a billion e6600 chips, then im happy. The real question is, "when is the shipment coming in". This week, end of month, months, years...

NightStriker

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I would suggest ordering at shopblt.com thats where I have placed my pre-order, they show you how many orders they have and a ETA, Also the price is almost the same as buy.com $344.

dahacker

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
I don't give a **** if a billion orders were placed. If buy.com receives a billion e6600 chips, then im happy. The real question is, "when is the shipment coming in". This week, end of month, months, years...

I would recommend calling Buy.com instead of endlessly posting here. As I said in my previous post, I would GUESS that you won't receive JACK until next month.

As far has shopblt.com....I don't think anyone has received JACK from them either and they had estimated arival dates for early August that never came to fruition.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
I don't give a **** if a billion orders were placed. If buy.com receives a billion e6600 chips, then im happy. The real question is, "when is the shipment coming in". This week, end of month, months, years...

I would recommend calling Buy.com instead of endlessly posting here. As I said in my previous post, I would GUESS that you won't receive JACK until next month.

As far has shopblt.com....I don't think anyone has received JACK from them either and they had estimated arival dates for early August that never came to fruition.

Is Jack selling himself now? The floozy!! :lol: