EA, Crytek Addresses Crysis 2 Demo Cheaters

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
im not sure of your experiense whit PB but its only all bad news to me, 1 week and you got 30% of your game comunity able to cheat, and 70% of all vista/W7 gamers will get problems to play thx to PB being made for windows xp cus it sure dont work well for eny alternativ windows systems. how PB still get in to games today its out of my mind. tock me 30 min of internet surch to get PB working on my bad company and ewen if it taken you 5min you shuld not need to be bothered by it at all.

x3style

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]This was inevitable with no anti cheat measures added. There is always someone out there looking to exploit at all costs just for the win. Sad.[/citation]
I'm pretty sure most are not aware that the number of tech savvy users is steadily growing in our more technology oriented days than it was in the past, every kid that comes out of school can barley wait for a challenge for his technical and programming skills. How best to show of then hack a game to smack your friend in the face.
As a programmer i know all programmers did it eventually to prove to yourself and to others how good you are at what you do. Then you get a job and a family and everything cools back down. But new talent needs new ways and places to prove themselves.

Jamdodds

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
The demo as far as cry engine 3 goes is fantastic. The lighting is great, smooth frames, etc. But if they are worried about cheating then why not take away "aim assist" for the PC. That is a console oriented gag, yet you can still get it on PC?? Sounds close to an aim bot if you ask me....

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I'm enjoying the demo, i don't thin i've encountered anycheaters yet. the gameplay is smooth and fun, the the suit adds some good tactics to play in armor in after a stomp on an objective then armor up to lay waste to the remaining in capturing pods, or in kill mode stealth stalk somebody then up and mele bash kill is pretty rewarding

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
If someone could explain on why you would cheat on a video game especially a demo i would love to know... do you get money or something for winning

Cheaters will be the demise of PC gaming. These companies don't want to put the time, effort and money into keeping these kids, with no lives apparently, from ruining the game, they will just stop making the games for pc.

G

Don't take away Aim Assist. I am using the 360 Wireless controller (I can't stand the Mouse/KB because I like to play on my 65" HDTV on my couch). I am having alot of fun with the demo. I also have the demo on my 360 and the PC version looks 100 times better. I am definitely getting the PC version.

dkcrogue

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Played for almost 10 hours now (yeah, sad I know for a demo!) Only come across one instance of cheating where some ass killed the whole opposite team instantly.

Apart from that is a good game though, that nano suit does a good job of provoking fast creative game play (in short controlled bursts).

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
The demo mode should let everyone play in God mode. Finished with cheat issues.
Let them live forever, let them keep their weapons, and find cheats for killing everyone else (who in God mode just happen to fall to the floor and stand up again).

It takes away a real deal of gameplay, while it gets rid of the cheat issues. People wanting to play the game the way they supposed to, should buy the real version!

G

CHEATING in online games means tougher punishments called BANNED FROM PLAYING FOR 6months. cheating is for the whimps who have an ego that needs to be infalted

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
It's a console port (aim assist, "press start" at menu screen, etc.), what did they expect. Not condoning cheating or saying that it would stop even ifjavascript: void(0); it was a perfect PC-exclusive, but it certainly didn't help.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Cheating in online games is nothing new. So those who comment about it bringing about the end of PC gaming must really either be very young or just saying such in a console bias. Plus console games are now suffering from cheating as well.

However since the brilliant anti-cheat system that is VAC2 which brought in the idea of avoiding instant bans so flagged players had no idea the cheat was even being caught up till a month no cheaters can be warned to save their accounts virtually putting any "safe" hack into private groups.
All anti-cheats should work in this manner.

Also remember people who cheat do not do it for the score, or because they can't play. They do it to anger you. That is where they get their enjoyment from. Don't respond to them and do not let them get to you and they will most of the time simply leave to find another game to find a more expressive victim .

Status
Not open for further replies.