[SOLVED] Easy Anti Cheat "insufficient privileges" error after installing game via Xbox app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2022
Hello, I've spent the last 4 hours trying to figure out how to fix this issue, but nothing's helped so far.

Two days ago, I downloaded the Xbox app on PC, and through that Xbox app I downloaded a game - Sniper Elite 5. After the game was installed, I tried running it, but ran into an issue with EAC installations, basically it couldn't find some kind of a file, etc. etc. so I ran it as admin, EAC was installed, but it was throwing an error during launch regarding "insufficient privileges".
Luckily, Sniper Elite 5 has an option to turn off EAC, so I did, and the game ran completely fine without it.

My problem lies in another game, specifically, a mod for GTA V called RAGE Multiplayer which also uses Easy Anti Cheat. A few days ago, the game was launching fine with EAC, no issues at all. But it seems like, after I downloaded the Xbox app and this game (Sniper Elite 5) through the Xbox app, Easy Anti Cheat for RAGE Multiplayer decided to break completely. Basically, it gets to 100% loading, and then it throws me the same error - "insufficient privileges".

I've tried various things - running everything as admin, changing folder permissions, creating a new user and running it that way, re-installing the mod, re-installing EAC, followed all steps from the EAC guide, etc., but none of these things worked.

To make things even more weird, I can run Fortnite completely normally, even though that game also uses Easy Anti Cheat.

If anyone can give me any solution or idea how to fix it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

May 27, 2022
In the end I resolved the issue.

What I did was:
  1. Uninstalled RAGE Multiplayer and deleted the 'EasyAntiCheat_EOS' folder which was in my C:\Program Files (x86)
  2. Used Registry Editor to delete all keys and values that had 'EasyAntiCheat_EOS' and 'ragemp' in them.
(I right-clicked on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Find and looked up those two terms, deleted them, pressed F3 to find next item and repeated it until there were no more results).
3) Installed RAGE Multiplayer again, but into another folder just in case (not sure if it makes a difference, I'd do it anyways just in case).

I highly doubt anyone will have the same problem, but if you do, I hope this helps you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.