[SOLVED] Electrical question for more Wattage

JDMStanced

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
I didn't know where to post so im just posting it here for now.
In my basement (michigan), I just realized there’s a side panel that’s connected to this one outlet. side panel 1 side panel
I think it has 30 amp? Does that mean this single outlet has thick enough wire to handle constant 80% of 30A? Outlet

Last time i talked to a maintenance guy he said this might have like 7000 W and i was doubting that.
Maybe it make sense if that side panel is only dedicated for this outlet?

JDMStanced

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
If the furnace is electric, it makes perfect sense. Is this outlet the only thing that loses power when you shut this breaker off?
i'm not sure but i think the furnace used gas from consumers energy.
i honestly haven't seen a breaker that looks like this from side panel. I don't even know how that works. it looks scary lol

i'm not sure but i think the furnace used gas from consumers energy.
i honestly haven't seen a breaker that looks like this from side panel. I don't even know how that works. it looks scary lol
Do not experiment. Might go wrong with gas heater, it requires air circulation which would be electric. Usually I see those as main power for high-power appliances that come with 2 or 3 phase sockets…

JDMStanced

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
Do not experiment. Might go wrong with gas heater, it requires air circulation which would be electric. Usually I see those as main power for high-power appliances that come with 2 or 3 phase sockets…
you can't see it in the pic, but the Big Panel has a Breaker that has 50A (IIRC, could be 30A) that says Main. I was thinking this is the main power for the appliances and stuff.

I don't even know if it's "normal" to have an outlet dedicated for a side panel in the basement.
I'm renting this townhouse from a big company that handles other property too. If i request, will they give me like the layout of the electric wiring?
or should i ask the maintenance guy again?
or hire an electrician? They charge a few hundred bucks to come check it out which could be used toward adding Breakers and outlets. But if this already has 30A then i might need those extra