Enabling TPM 2.0 module on Gigabyte motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppos

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
Hi,

I have recently bought and installed a Gigabyte GC-TPM 2.0 module into my GA-H97M-D3H motherboard.

The problem is the following:

The Motherboard recognizes the TPM Module because I can enable (in BIOS) the Security Device Support (without the TPM installed, this is'nt visible), but on reboot I don't get any new or additional options in BIOS to also enable the TPM itself.

The status of the Trusted Computing remains (in BIOS) on 'SUPPORT TURNED OFF'.

Because of this Windows of course can't use the TPM module.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to install a driver to use the TPM module (the TPM module came without any drivers or manual, and the Gigabyte website isn't very helpful on this subject).
Is the BIOS firmware OK (I'm using version F7, the latest non-Beta version)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reactions: morralletti
Solution
To start the TPM Initialization Wizard and turn on the TPM
1.Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Run.
2.Type tpm.msc in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
3.If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
4.The TPM Management console is displayed.
5.In the Actions pane, click Initialize TPM. The TPM Initialization Wizard is started.
6.Click Shutdown (or Restart), and then follow the BIOS screen prompts.
7.After the computer restarts, but before you log on to Windows, you will be prompted to accept the reconfiguration of the TPM. This ensures that the user is physically present, and that it is not malicious software...
To start the TPM Initialization Wizard and turn on the TPM
1.Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Run.
2.Type tpm.msc in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
3.If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
4.The TPM Management console is displayed.
5.In the Actions pane, click Initialize TPM. The TPM Initialization Wizard is started.
6.Click Shutdown (or Restart), and then follow the BIOS screen prompts.
7.After the computer restarts, but before you log on to Windows, you will be prompted to accept the reconfiguration of the TPM. This ensures that the user is physically present, and that it is not malicious software attempting to initialize the TPM.
8.After logging on to Windows, right-click the Windows Defender icon in the notification area, point to Run blocked program, and then click TPM Initialization Wizard.
9.If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.

Set ownership of the TPM

1.On the Create the TPM owner password page, click Automatically create the password (recommended).
2.In the Save your TPM owner password dialog box, click Save the password.
3.In the Save As dialog box, select a location to save the password, and then click Save. The password file is saved as computer_name.tpm.
4.Click Initialize. (process may take a few minutes to complete)
5.Click Close.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.