End of SoA and Watcher's Keep

Jeffo

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

Hi,

If I do in Irenicus at the Tree of Life and then again in Hell, the
game moves me right into ToB where I meet the Solar and then Savarok.
I quit for the evening before the "challenge" which gets me the
pocket plane ability.

I can't remember what happens next. Will I be able to get to
Watcher's Keep still? Or will I have to backup and do WK before
entering the Elven City to find Irenicus?

Thanks
jeffo

Jeffo

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:40:41 -0700, jeffo <nospam@forme.com> wrote:

Thanks folks!

I know I would have figured it out for myself, but I was impatient to
know if was going to have to redo the end battles with Irenicus.

He wasn't too tough though. Tougher on the Tree than in Hell, but he
surprised me in Hell when he turned into the Slayer and still casted
spells on me.

I would have rather done WK I guess, but I doubt I'll go back.

Thanks
jeffo

jeffo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I do in Irenicus at the Tree of Life and then again in Hell, the
> game moves me right into ToB where I meet the Solar and then Savarok.
> I quit for the evening before the "challenge" which gets me the
> pocket plane ability.
>
> I can't remember what happens next. Will I be able to get to
> Watcher's Keep still? Or will I have to backup and do WK before
> entering the Elven City to find Irenicus?

You will be able to go to Watcher's Keep. Indeed, I always leave
Watcher's Keep until Chapter Eight.

jeffo schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> If I do in Irenicus at the Tree of Life and then again in Hell, the
> game moves me right into ToB where I meet the Solar and then Savarok.
> I quit for the evening before the "challenge" which gets me the
> pocket plane ability.
>
> I can't remember what happens next. Will I be able to get to
> Watcher's Keep still? Or will I have to backup and do WK before
> entering the Elven City to find Irenicus?
>
> Thanks
> jeffo
WK is the only place that is accessible from both SoA and ToB. Therefor
often used for stocking items.
Martin

>Hi,
>
>If I do in Irenicus at the Tree of Life and then again in Hell, the
>game moves me right into ToB where I meet the Solar and then Savarok.
>I quit for the evening before the "challenge" which gets me the
>pocket plane ability.
>
>I can't remember what happens next. Will I be able to get to
>Watcher's Keep still? Or will I have to backup and do WK before
>entering the Elven City to find Irenicus?
>
>Thanks
>jeffo

You can access Watchers keep from the SOA portion of the game or the TOB
portion. Personally I prefer to do Watchers keep as early as possible in the
SOA portion of the game. It gets you lots of nifty magic items when you need
them the most and it gets you a lot of experince. Also since you can do a
level or two at a time you need not take it all in one bite when still in SOA
but still get a lot of experince and a lot of really good magic items far
earlier in the game. The shear power you get from even doing one or two levels
of watchers keep when still in SOA out of those magic items makes it well worth
doing earlier. If you wait till TOB you will have to finish the first town and
gormir before being able to got to watchers keep you can't leave the pocket
plane and go strait to it until you have dealt with Gormir. So in the end its
easier to do some or all of it before finishing SOA. Also if you do it when
still in SOA you can get cespinar to upgrade some of those items right away or
at least know what to look for to upgrade the ones you have. So again you are
in the end more powerful in SOA and in TOB by doing watchers keep when still in
SOA.
Mike Group Owner InfinityScripters, InfinityScripters2, AuroraScripters,
AuroraModers, BWScript, Guild site at BioWare And Moderator at IEEAIS
Webrings AI Scripting Ring for Infinity And Aurora Engine Games, DARK SIDE OF
BALDURS GATE, Icewind Dale II Webring, La guilde des Balduriens, Mike's
Baldur's Gate Cheaters ring, Neverwinter Nights Webring, Neverwinter Webring,
Planescape: Torment Ring, The Infinity Support Team, The Neverwinter Guilds
Webring, The Shadows of Amn Gamers Webring, Webring Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's
Clan 2002, InfinityScripters Webring

Minsc says "I am voting for John Kerry since he saved that hamster from
drowning. He can't be all bad if he loves a hamster."

Jaheira says "I am voting for Ralph Nader since he is for saving the
environment."

Cernd says " I like Nader but a vote for him is just thrown away and it is a
vote for Bush so I am voting for John Kerry because he is a better man for the
environment than Bush."

Edwin Says "George Bush invaded a nation and lied about his reasons so I like
him and I am Voting for George Bush."

Korgan Says "Yea Bush likes to kick butt and doesn't need a logical reason to
do it so I am voting for him as well."

Anomen Says "John Kerry won three purple hearts, a silver star and a bronze
star in combat so I will vote for John Kerry but George Bush hid in the
national guard."

Keldorn Says "I agree John Kerry is a war Hero and saved lives George Bush is a
war Zero."

Aerie Says "I will vote for Ralph Nader because he will keep the corporations
from pulling fast ones."

Viconia Says "I won't vote for any of them they are all worthless males. But I
will write in Hillary Clinton for president."

Mazzy Says "I wish John McCain had beat Bush in the last primary in the last
election since he is smarter than Bush and a better leader. Come to think of
it Minsc is smarter than Bush."

Jan Says "I will vote for Ralph Nader since he will keep pesticides off the
turnips."