[SOLVED] Enough cooling?

Jul 23, 2019
Hi, I'm considering building my own pc for the very first time and have a question about having enough cooling.
The following components would be my build:
Case: NZXT H500 (comes with 2 fans at the back and on the top as exhausts)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x (comes with it's own air cooler)
GPU: GTX 1080 ti ( Asus ROG Strix 11g)

I think these are the components that matter most for the cooling? Would the two fans that come with the case be enough or would it be better to get some additional ones?
Thanks in advance!

You will be fine, that CPU has a pretty good stock cooler, and the GPU will handle itself fine, both should stay under 80c

For your case I would arrange the fans to have at least one intake and one exhaust. you could always add more fans, but you probably wont have to.

Not sure what your budget is and whether or not you're buying new or used, but consider the ryzen 3600 instead of the 2600x if you cant work it into your budget.

Jul 23, 2019
You will be fine, that CPU has a pretty good stock cooler, and the GPU will handle itself fine, both should stay under 80c

For your case I would arrange the fans to have at least one intake and one exhaust. you could always add more fans, but you probably wont have to.

Not sure what your budget is and whether or not you're buying new or used, but consider the ryzen 3600 instead of the 2600x if you cant work it into your budget.
Why exactly if you don't mind me asking? Will the 2600x not be sufficient to handle to 1080 ti or is it just for futureproofing?
edit I've just quickly compared the two and the TDP is much lower on the 3600, is that why you recommend it above the 2600x?

Last edited: