Mike

Splendid

I'm getting rid of my comptuer and would like to find some software that'll
run in DOS that'll overwrite my harddrive several times so the data can't be
recovered. Does anyone know of any decent s/w that does this?

Thanks

Previously Mike <michael_kimper@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm getting rid of my comptuer and would like to find some software that'll
> run in DOS that'll overwrite my harddrive several times so the data can't be
> recovered. Does anyone know of any decent s/w that does this?

Look into the archives. This has been discussed here countless
times.

Arno

Mike wrote:
> I'm getting rid of my comptuer and would like to find some software that'll
> run in DOS that'll overwrite my harddrive several times so the data can't be
> recovered. Does anyone know of any decent s/w that does this?
>

> Thanks

Google for Eraser.
--
Cheers, Bob

Mike

Splendid

I found a couple of programs called Eraser

http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/
http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

Are these the same? is one better than the other.

Thanks,

Mike wrote:
> I found a couple of programs called Eraser
>
> http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/
> http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/
>
> Are these the same? is one better than the other.
>
> Thanks,
>
> "Bob Willard" <BobwBSGS@TrashThis.comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>Mike wrote:
>>
>>>I'm getting rid of my comptuer and would like to find some software
>
> that'll
>
>>>run in DOS that'll overwrite my harddrive several times so the data
>
> can't be
>
>>>recovered. Does anyone know of any decent s/w that does this?
>>>

>>>Thanks
>>>

>>Google for Eraser.
>>--
>>Cheers, Bob