88arau

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2014
My modem is successfully connected to the internet. It has WiFi capabilities. It has Ethernet capabilities. My phone is successfully connected to the internet via WiFi, good and normal speeds. My PC is successfully connected to the internet via Ethernet connection BUT my speeds are at a sub-crawl speed, 1-2mbps maybe less. Websites will connect but will not load. I can’t even load the speedtest.net website. PC shows connection to internet, although nothing will load. Cant connect to Steam or any other apps. It’s almost as though my PC is throttling/preventing my internet speeds. Please help I work from home. Spent an hour with ISP and Windows support and performed the usual resets.

Solution
My modem is successfully connected to the internet. It has WiFi capabilities. It has Ethernet capabilities. My phone is successfully connected to the internet via WiFi, good and normal speeds. My PC is successfully connected to the internet via Ethernet connection BUT my speeds are at a sub-crawl speed, 1-2mbps maybe less. Websites will connect but will not load. I can’t even load the speedtest.net website. PC shows connection to internet, although nothing will load. Cant connect to Steam or any other apps. It’s almost as though my PC is throttling/preventing my internet speeds. Please help I work from home. Spent an hour with ISP and Windows support and performed the usual resets.

OK> check the following: is it the same for...
Feb 25, 2021

OK> check the following: is it the same for other devices. disconnect your laptop or other wifi devices from wifi and plug in a cable. hows the net? If ok, its a PC issue.

Drivers? - dont trust windows - download snappy driver installer and check for an ethernet driver thats more compatible (you can download it to a usb drive on another pc and copy it to your windows drive to test) - google SDI Tool

Ram Issue / Windows Errors / Network config / Windows Firewall / others

it really could be anything...

What specs are your machine? Ram / Processor / ETC.

Solution