[SOLVED] Ethernet port glowing orange regardless of whether the cable is plugged (after thunderstorm)

DzOnIxD

Honorable
Feb 11, 2015
A recent thunderstorm killed my power supply. So I bought and installed a new one. Everything seems to work except connecting to the network. The ethernet port is glowing orange regardless of whether the cable is plugged or not. And the router led doesn't light up when I plug my pc in.

Will something like this solve my problem? Or should I buy a motherboard. (Considering its an old fm1 amd port).

Solution
My motherboard doesn't have wifi only ethernet. I have tried different lan ports on the router, the motherboard is the issue. But I don't know if that adapter contains a network card inside.

Yes there is no way for it not to, you can't just have a USB to Ethernet cable it won't work.

DzOnIxD

Honorable
Feb 11, 2015
That should help troubleshoot. Does it connect if so may be a bad wifi on MB. if it doesn't work your router/modem may have failed.
My motherboard doesn't have wifi only ethernet. I have tried different lan ports on the router, the motherboard is the issue. But I don't know if that adapter contains a network card inside.