[SOLVED] Every hdd which i connect to my pc starts forming bad sectors...

Oct 2, 2019
3 months ago i assembled a new pc. every thing was going on fine until a week ago my pc started freezing. on researching i fund that my hdd was forming bad sectors. So i was forced to replace my hdd with a new one. with the new hdd everything was solved but for 3 days . After then again my pc started freezing and when i tested my new hdd i found that it was also forming bad sectors. The tool which tested it was " Data Lifeguard Diagnostic For Windows" by WD. Pease help me with this . i dont know just what is causing this. My pc specs:
Core 2 duo E8500
6 GB DDR3 ram(4+2)
GT 710 2GB DDR3
ZEB G-41 D3 MOBO
WD 320gb hdd
And A low quality 500w psu

And please dont comment about my pc specs as my budget was ultra low.

Solution
Firstly I would replace your SATA cables and change SATA ports to identify if it isn't the ports/cables themselves.
Following that I would be checking the RAM. As data corruption from RAM can obviously be then transferred to the storage drive, it doesn't necessarily create bad sectors, but depending on what has happened, it theoretically could.

I also notice you have mixed RAM modules, which could also cause conflicts, so I would remove the mixed 2GB stick.

Following that, it could well be coincidence and bad luck. Obviously a third (even used) HDD can help identify if it is.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Firstly I would replace your SATA cables and change SATA ports to identify if it isn't the ports/cables themselves.
Following that I would be checking the RAM. As data corruption from RAM can obviously be then transferred to the storage drive, it doesn't necessarily create bad sectors, but depending on what has happened, it theoretically could.

I also notice you have mixed RAM modules, which could also cause conflicts, so I would remove the mixed 2GB stick.

Following that, it could well be coincidence and bad luck. Obviously a third (even used) HDD can help identify if it is.

Solution