[SOLVED] External Monitor Tiny Pixel Flickering On Full Screen

notsohumblegod

Commendable
May 21, 2021
Hello,

i just got this strange tiny green dots flickering on my external screen, i've been searching for solution everywhere and found nothing similar to my issue, this only occur on fullscreen only, not a faulty GPU since it's fine on my laptop display.
I think the culprit is my HDMI cable, but it was brand new came with my monitor, but i'm not sure.
You can see the flickering this video here (headphone warning, recorded from phone with loud fan noise)
This is not a dead pixel since it was fine with anything but fullscreen on dark background or opening a window in front of dark background just like happens on the video.
If anyone can help, please kindly leave a reply. kinda annoying because it flickers and green (green is an eye-catching color on dark mode)

Thanks!

Specs:
  • System Model: MSI GF-65 Thin 10UE
  • Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co,. Ltd.
  • BIOS: E16W2IMS.105
  • CPU: Intel i5 10200H @2,4ghz, @4ghz turbo (8 CPUs) (Undervolted -89,9 mv)
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU
  • Memory: 16384MB RAM
  • Storage: 512GB M.2 SSD
External Display:
  • Armageddon XF24HD Super Pixxel+ 1080p 144hz (IPS Panel)

Last edited:
Solution
Brand new cables of any sort can be faulty.

The HDMI cable that came with the new monitor is most likely a very low end, bulk manufactured product made as cheaply as possible.

Try another known working HDMI cable on the monitor.

Try the "new" HDMI cable on another known working system/monitor.

Determine if the pixel problem follows the HDMI cable or stays with the host computer.

The next step would be to manually download the GPU drivers via Nvidia's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party tools or installers.

Ralston18

Titan

The HDMI cable that came with the new monitor is most likely a very low end, bulk manufactured product made as cheaply as possible.

Determine if the pixel problem follows the HDMI cable or stays with the host computer.

The next step would be to manually download the GPU drivers via Nvidia's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party tools or installers.

Solution

notsohumblegod

Commendable
May 21, 2021

I did swapped the HDMI cable from my TV, turns out you were right, my old cable really a cheap one, new cable fix everything

But i did an experiment before using the old HDMI, the problem was on new windows 11 update, i just need to change from "display only from 2" into "duplicate these display" back and forth until the flicker gone, but it didn't seems to resolve the issue after a few hours it flickers back, but not an issue anymore with a new better HDMI cable.

Thanks!