EyeSight Announces Gesture Control for Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Yeah... because resting your hand on a mouse and keyboard is too hard.

Better to hold your hand up to your screen to get it dirty or hold your arm up constantly for simple movements on the screen. Gestures for KIOSKS would be great - no dirty hands to touch a dirty screen and get germs from strangers, etc.

But for your own device? In the movie Minority Report in which the display is a HUGE wall, a hand gesture system kind of made sense.... it looked good anyway.

For a tablet... its not needed.

How about eyeball control? Now that would be something? blink once for Left click, blink twice for right click :)

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Gesture control... if you just want to watch something, you have to keep unnaturally still.

I'd like gesture control implemented in those wearable displays like Google Glass. Then it could render whatever controls you want anywhere in your field of vision.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
So, why hasn't Microsoft come up with this one?
There are over 6 million bits of software out there that run on Windows, the vast majority of which are NOT made by Microsoft. They provide an operating system, a few free basic tools, a few free really nice tools and some premium pay for tools. The rest are all third part and open to anyone, this has created the thriving software markets of the last 3 decades. If this turns out to be a real turkey then MS can obfuscate all responsibility for it, if it is really good they can buy the company and absorb the IP into their own products.
Microsft can't invent everything, and unlike some other companies out there never claims to do so and actually prefers other people be creative without restrictions.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]How about eyeball control? Now that would be something? blink once for Left click, blink twice for right click[/citation]
Exactly what i thought when i read "EyeSight"

Status
Not open for further replies.