fan speed doesnt show in speedfan

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbp007

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
When i installed speedfan it doesnt show me the fan speed and all it shows is the core temp..What do i have to do so my fan speed shows up ? I have sent a report thru speedfan to almico like about 5 times and even emailed him but he never replies back to anyone be it email or sending a report ! please help

I have a asustek basswood2 motherboard and my desktop pc is a hp m7790y with vista ultimate installed..

here is what i mean - http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6461/01212008181639tp7.jpg

my cpu and mobo info below -

TonyL222

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
The easiest thing to do is to download a config for your motherboard:

1. Click on the "Info" tab.
2. Click on "Get config".
3. Click on the LINK just above the "Ticket" box.
4. Your browser should now be open to the "Speedfan Configuration Manager page". Take the default on this page and click "Next".
5. Got through each successive step to select your particular motherboard, clicking "Next" after each step.
6. Once you've selected Manufacturer, Motherboard, and Language, click "Get Configuration".
7. You'll get a long list of user supplied configurations for your mobo. select one (maybe start with the latest which should be at the top of the list). Click "Get Configuration" at the bottom.
8. The next page has a configuration with a number in BOLD type. Copy that number exactly.
9. Go back to Speedfan and paste this number into the Ticket box, then click okay.
10. Close Speedfan and restart.

That will give you a base configuration. Read the help files to learn more about how to modify to your liking.

gbp007

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
There is a small problem though and it's when i go enter the motherboard name it is not listed on there ? My motherboard info -
Motherboard manufacturer's name: ASUS P5BW-LA
HP/Compaq name: Basswood2-UL8E

All i see is P5B-E and there is no P5BW-LA listed on there ?

Here are my computer specs - http://tinyurl.com/2yw4hr

Any suggestions ?

gbp007

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
When i look at my readings on speedfan it says -

ERROR collecting CPU Usage : 1 (Unable to locate the "Processor" performance object)
Win9x:NO 64Bit:NO GiveIO:YES SpeedFan:YES
I/O properly initialized
Linked ISA BUS at $0290
Linked Intel 82801HB ICH8 SMBUS at $0500
Scanning ISA BUS at $0290...
Scanning Intel SMBus at $0500...
End of detection
Loaded 0 events

So my model number is not listed on the speedfan configuration page either , so what do i do next ?

TonyL222

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Ugh!! I missed that this is an HP system with an ASUS branded mobo. Well, you might contact either ASUS or HP to see if there is an ASUS board that yours is based on.

Does this board support ASUS's Q-Fan function? Asus PC-Probe?

gbp007

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
It dont support none of those function and asus says i have to contact hp about this...Most likely i will be connected to indian support that wont know what im talking about..

TonyL222

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Not sure what else to tell you, dawg. PC sellers like HP and Dell often put out non-standard stuff to keep you locked in to them for support and add-ons.

You might try clicking on the Configure button to see if ANYTHING is giving you a temp reading. If so, put a check in the box. Then go to the FANS tab and see if there are any RPM readings and check those. You'll have to figure out which reading is for which fan - maybe as drastic as unplugging a fan at a time and seeing which RPM drops to zero.

Have you gone into your BIOS to see if it provides a means of fan control?

gbp007

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
I ony get temp readings and they are all checked...I went to the bios where it says advance and on the monitor hardware it shows the speed of the fans but there are no fan control options though..

Status
Not open for further replies.