[SOLVED] Fans placement

no0va.bhamade

Prominent
May 26, 2020
Hello, so i have a corsair carbide 275r with a corsair H150i Pro 360 mm rad with 3 fans so i put all in front (can't mount a 360 rad on top) and all fans as intake so i paired them up with 3 corsair ML PRO RGB 120mm as 2 exhaust in the top and 1 exhaust in the back!
do you guys recommend any other orientation or it's good as is?
AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
TUF Gaming x570 plus (wifi)
32 GB corsair vengeance pro rgb 3600mhz
Gigabyte GeForce 1660 Super oc (triple fans)
PowerSpec 750 W 80+ Gold
250 GB M.2 ssd
2 TB HDD

https://prnt.sc/spsh3x

Solution
Hose won't stretch that far, and it really doesn't make much difference. The reservoir at the tubing connection is split in 2 seperate chambers. You'll have 5 or so pipes coming from one side and 5 or so pipes returning to the other side, the reservoir on the far end being 1 chamber. So the whole thing acts as a multi legged U.

Once you get flow from the intake, that's where all the air will end up at, on that side of the top reservoir, it won't travel down the runners to the bottom and back up the other side and back to the pump.

Even when you shut down, the furthest the air will travel is to the very highest point of the tubing, like the bubble in a level.

It'll only feed back to the pump if the pump is a straight shot above the...

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished
I have some very stern words for you:

Good job, excellent airflow! :)

Very pretty build too.

One gripe, that you may or may not experience as your H150i ages, is the formation of air as the liquid dissipates over time.
I would suggest turning the radiator so that the hoses are at the bottom of the case. Most likely you can't in this case, though, just keep it in mind.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Hose won't stretch that far, and it really doesn't make much difference. The reservoir at the tubing connection is split in 2 seperate chambers. You'll have 5 or so pipes coming from one side and 5 or so pipes returning to the other side, the reservoir on the far end being 1 chamber. So the whole thing acts as a multi legged U.

Once you get flow from the intake, that's where all the air will end up at, on that side of the top reservoir, it won't travel down the runners to the bottom and back up the other side and back to the pump.

Even when you shut down, the furthest the air will travel is to the very highest point of the tubing, like the bubble in a level.

It'll only feed back to the pump if the pump is a straight shot above the intake of the rad, like if you tilt that level to 45°, the bubble travels.

It might just take a while for any air to fully run through the system and end up in the rad.

The only real reason to put the tubing connectors low is that the single reservoir is 2x the size of the intake side, so air remains in the reservoir and doesn't partially start heading into the fins array. Might be bad for a 120mm rad, but won't make a dent in a 360mm 😉

Reactions: FoxVoxDK
Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Lol. You weren't wrong, it is better to have the hoses low, especially on a 120mm, but really only for a aio 5 years down the road, and it's a very minor difference.

Looking at it from a manufacturing perspective, the biggest possible area for a potential leak is at the connectors. Gravity sux. That drip is going to go downwards, right into the fans exhaust path, which will broadcast that 1 tiny drip right into the pc, possibly hitting the motherboard at a powered point or landing square on the pcb of a gpu. Hoses on the bottom means connectors on the bottom, drip potentially goes straight down into empty space.

Nothing to do with air, everything to do with damage control for those extremely rare instances.

But that's a lot of 'IFs', might as well wait for all the planets to align and the Titans to be freed...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts