[SOLVED] fans, power, case

May 30, 2022
i am building a new pc and have most of the parts and my case, but i still need help with some things:
  1. i dont know if my fans are good enough to cool everything
  2. i dont know what power supply i need to power this
  3. i dont know if everything will fit in this case
part list:
Motherboard( MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK )
RAM 2x ( Corsair DDR4 vengeance RGB Pro SL 2x8GB 3600 white )
CPU ( AMD Ryzen 7 5800X )
GPU ( MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO 8G )
Power supply ( ? )
storage1 ( Seagate HDD 3.5" 6TB ST6000DM003 Barracuda )
storage2 ( kingston NV1 1TB M.2 SSD )
cooling 4x ( Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 ARGB White Edition )
case ( Masterbox TD500 MESH / MESH WHITE )

All help is appriciated.

Solution

The case will apparently support any air cooler up to 165 mm tall.

It comes with 3 fans in the front if I read the specs correctly.

May not need all of them.

I'd add one exhaust fan and evaluate temps.

Any ATX board should fit.

Lutfij

Titan
You should look into a reliably built 650W PSU for the entire system, with some headroom. I'd get something more, like 750W and call it a day. You can look into brands like Seasonic or Corsair though I'm curious, where are you located and what sort of a budget do you allocated for your PSU purchase? What sort of brands do you have access to?

As for the cooling, leave the fans in the case as is, see if your temps are bad and then invest in fans...not before that. How do you plan to cool that processor? Hang on, which SKU of the TD500 are you looking at? With or without the fan controller?

May 30, 2022
You should look into a reliably built 650W PSU for the entire system, with some headroom. I'd get something more, like 750W and call it a day. You can look into brands like Seasonic or Corsair though I'm curious, where are you located and what sort of a budget do you allocated for your PSU purchase? What sort of brands do you have access to?

As for the cooling, leave the fans in the case as is, see if your temps are bad and then invest in fans...not before that. How do you plan to cool that processor? Hang on, which SKU of the TD500 are you looking at? With or without the fan controller?
i saw that the case was on amazon 2 times but i thought that was just coincedence and that they were the exact same, i was just going to buy the cheaper one. so i dont know witch one is the one with a fan controller or what exactly is a fan controller.

The case will apparently support any air cooler up to 165 mm tall.

It comes with 3 fans in the front if I read the specs correctly.

May not need all of them.

I'd add one exhaust fan and evaluate temps.

Any ATX board should fit.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You'll want at least 1, preferably 2 extra fan at rear exhaust if you use an air-tower. If you use a 240mm-360mm AIO, on top, it's not necessary.

I'd use splitters to control individual groupings of fans, front, aio, cpu, rear etc.

Much will depend on cooler choice.

For a 3070ti, a minimum would be a good 650w unit, 750w if you want the headroom security or plan on OC or higher wattage AIB gpu.

May 30, 2022
You'll want at least 1, preferably 2 extra fan at rear exhaust if you use an air-tower. If you use a 240mm-360mm AIO, on top, it's not necessary.

I'd use splitters to control individual groupings of fans, front, aio, cpu, rear etc.

Much will depend on cooler choice.

For a 3070ti, a minimum would be a good 650w unit, 750w if you want the headroom security or plan on OC or higher wattage AIB gpu.
i was planning to use the pre installed fans at the front ( corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White ) at the top and ( 1x Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 ARGB White Edition ) at the back