Dec 14, 2018
I’m looking into buying a rtx 2060 once they’re available, but now that the price between founders edition and aftermarket are the same, I was wondering what’s better? Also, is it worth it to spend more to get the 2070 or is the 2060 adequate for a few years?

Solution
Ray tracing is a feature you can turn on and off, to be honest even on a 2080 Ti it halves the frame rate. And the RTX 2060 has less RT cores than a 2080 Ti. The RT cores can be useful though for deep learning so this card could be good for aspiring deep learning students at a reasonable price.
Unless you are looking at ray tracing (which will perform pretty badly on a 2060), look instead for the rumored upcoming 1160 which should be cheaper and not have RT cores (which are imo useless on a 2060 anyways)

Now choosing what will last you for a few years will depend on resolution and frame rate you want to play at.

Ray tracing is a feature you can turn on and off, to be honest even on a 2080 Ti it halves the frame rate. And the RTX 2060 has less RT cores than a 2080 Ti. The RT cores can be useful though for deep learning so this card could be good for aspiring deep learning students at a reasonable price.

Solution
Dec 14, 2018
So if the ray tracing is killing your performance - just turn it off. IMO I don’t really care for better looking reflections if it kills performance, but the 2060 has a good price to performance which I like