[SOLVED] First PC - are these components fine for a low end pc?

h0pT0 Gaming

Commendable
Jul 20, 2019
Hey,
I have never built a pc before and am very new to this, I want to build a low end budget gaming pc for less than £400 (roughly less than $550), I don't care about playing AAA games in the slightest, I do however want a fairly capable cpu to perform tasks such as video editing and be able to do programming without bad performance.

I'm thinking of going with the following parts:
GPU:
Radeon r9 290 2gb
Case: Kolink KLA-003 - I couldn't care less about how it looks, but will the parts fit?

Then this bundle from Ali-Express:
CPU
: Xeon E5 2620
RAM: DDR4 2666MHz (2*8gb)
Motherboard: HUANANZHI X99

This video has made out that buying from Ali-Express isn't a bad idea for low end pcs, does anyone disagree?
Also, will there be any incompatibilities with any of the parts? Any recommendations for different parts?

Solution
umm......multiple "problems".

CPU
  1. It is 9 years old.
  2. It does not work with DDR4. No way, no how.

GPU
1. Also ancient, 8 years old

No PSU
No storage devices
No real warranty on that stuff from Ali.

For $550/£400 , you could almost certainly buy/build the basis for a PC from this decade.

h0pT0 Gaming

Commendable
Jul 20, 2019
Hey,
I have never built a pc before and am very new to this, I want to build a low end budget gaming pc for less than £400 (roughly less than $550), I don't care about playing AAA games in the slightest, I do however want a fairly capable cpu to perform tasks such as video editing and be able to do programming without bad performance.

I'm thinking of going with the following parts:
GPU:
Radeon r9 290 2gb
Case: Kolink KLA-003 - I couldn't care less about how it looks, but will the parts fit?

Then this bundle from Ali-Express:
CPU
: Xeon E5 2620
RAM: DDR4 2666MHz (2*8gb)
Motherboard: HUANANZHI X99

This video has made out that buying from Ali-Express isn't a bad idea for low end pcs, does anyone disagree?
Also, will there be any incompatibilities with any of the parts? Any recommendations for different parts?

USAFRet

Titan
Start here with a new thread:

Some kind souls will be along to design you a real PC.

TRENDING THREADS