Oct 2, 2021
I'm looking to build my own PC for the first time since my current computer is fairly outdated. I'm looking to build something around the $800-900 usd range. I already have keyboard,mouse,monitors,2HDDs of 500GB.
PC usage-college work and a little gaming on the side
This is what I've come up with:

CPU: Intel Core i5-11600 2.8 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AS500 Plus 70.81 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte B560 AORUS PRO AX ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Case Fan: Adata XPG Vento Pro 120mm

I also plan to buy a decent gpu once the market stabilises

I don't know much about computers so I'm just wondering if anyone more knowledgable could tell me if there is any issue with the build or not (maybe if you think I should spend more money in a certain area and less in another or something like that).Most importantly i want stable system to last me 5-6 yrs.
1.Is the cooler good enough?is noctua nh-u12s also enough ??Plz recommend any other air cooler if cooler needs a change(not comfortable with AIOs)
2.Should i go with i5 11600k but isn’t it too hot ??
3.Should i go with mATX board??(mATX board runs hot as compared to ATX)
4.Should i go with wd blue sn550 1tb or samsung 970 evo 500 gb nvme ssd?
5.should i go with corsair vengeance lpx(2*8)16 gb ddr4-3200 cl 16 memory kit?
6.I also am not sure if all the parts are compatible or not? (although PC Part Picker indicates that they are). Any advice is really appreciated

Thank you in advance 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: Why_Me
Solution
Your build is reasonable.

To answer:

1. The cooler is fine. You will not be overclocking a 11600 processor.
Noctua NH-U12s will be similar, but of top quality. Noctua fans are very quiet.
Stay away from aio coolers, particularly as a first time builder.
They are more expensive noisier, less reliable.
2. The value of the i5-11600K is the ability to overclock. That brings in another can of worms.
Actually, I think a i5-11400 might do you just as well if budget is any issue:
Here is a review:

3. Nothing wrong with MATX. they are smaller with 4 expansion slots vs. 7 for ATX.
Most of us will use only one for the graphics card.
MATX is usually cheaper

4. I...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your build looks good! I think you can skip the fan purchase for now and later down the road buy into Fractal case fans and keep it a Fractal affair. You could also ditch that cooler for an AIO from Fractal.

Where are you located? You're fine with any site so long as it's on PCPartPicker?

Reactions: Phoenix_007
Oct 2, 2021

Your build looks good! I think you can skip the fan purchase for now and later down the road buy into Fractal case fans and keep it a Fractal affair. You could also ditch that cooler for an AIO from Fractal.

Where are you located? You're fine with any site so long as it's on PCPartPicker?

thanks 4 d reply...i am from India.Yes, i am fine with any site as long as it’s on PCPartPicker

Oct 2, 2021

Since the ambient temperature here is high, i need to have a cooler but i am not comfortable with AIOs... plz suggest some good air cooler if deepcool as500 plus is not upto task

Reactions: Why_Me
Your build is reasonable.

To answer:

1. The cooler is fine. You will not be overclocking a 11600 processor.
Noctua NH-U12s will be similar, but of top quality. Noctua fans are very quiet.
Stay away from aio coolers, particularly as a first time builder.
They are more expensive noisier, less reliable.
2. The value of the i5-11600K is the ability to overclock. That brings in another can of worms.
Here is a review:

3. Nothing wrong with MATX. they are smaller with 4 expansion slots vs. 7 for ATX.
Most of us will use only one for the graphics card.
MATX is usually cheaper

4. I very much suggest the samsung ssd. They perform a bit better and are the most reliable.
Yes, they cost a bit more. Consider 1tb if you will play many games.

5. Yes, a good choice. Until you get a discrete graphics card, faster ram will help Integrated graphics performance. Perhaps up to 3600 speed which is not usually much more.

6. Looks compatible to me.

FWIW for a first time builder:
MY build process:

Before anything, while waiting for your parts to be delivered, download
and read, cover to cover your case and motherboard manual.
Buy a #2 magnetic tip philips screwdriver.
I find it handy to buy a power switch like this for testing.
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E168121..._switch-_-12-119-009-_-Product&quicklink=true
1. I assemble the critical parts outside of the case.
That lets me test them for functionality easily.
A wood table or cardboard is fine.
2. Plug in only the necessary parts at first. Ram, cpu, cooler, psu.
Do not force anything. Parts fit only one way.
Attach a monitor to the integrated motherboard adapter if you have one, otherwise to the graphics card.
  1. If your motherboard does not have a PWR button, momentarily touch the two pwr front panel pins with a flat blade screwdriver.
  2. Repeatedly hit F2 or DEL, and that should get you into the bios display.
  3. Boot from a cd or usb stick with memtest86 on it. memtest will exercise your ram and cpu functionality.
  4. Install windows.
  5. Install the motherboard cd drivers. Particularly the lan drivers so you can access the internet.
Do not select the easy install option, or you will get a bunch of utilities and trialware that you don't want. Drivers only.
  1. Connect to the internet and install an antivirus program. Microsoft defender is free, easy, and unobtrusive.
  2. Install your graphics card and driver if you tested with integrated graphics.
You will need to remove the graphics card later to install your motherboard in the case.
As a tip when screwing the motherboard into the posts, give the screw a small counterclockwise turn until you feel a click.
That lets you know that the screw will engage properly.
Make a note of how the graphics card latches into the pcie slot.
The mechanism will be hidden under the card and may be difficult to work if you have not previously checked how.
  1. Update windows to currency.
  2. Only now do I take apart what I need to and install it in the case.
  3. Now is the time to reinstall your graphics card.

Solution
I would be remiss to not mention a build like this which can game at 1080p with low setting for the time being while being nearly identical in performance to an 11400 or 11600.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor ($258.96 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler ($44.80 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 GAMING X V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($94.00 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($117.54 @ Amazon)
Total: $830.26
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-04 12:59 EDT-0400

Reactions: Phoenix_007
Oct 2, 2021
. The cooler is fine. You will not be overclocking a 11600 processor.
Noctua NH-U12s will be similar, but of top quality.
I think deepcool as500 plus has more cooling potential than noctua nh-u12s..I don’t know for sure..both are equally priced..which one should i go with ?is there any other option other than these two?

i5-11400 is pricier than i5-11600,so thought to go with i5-11600..

Nothing wrong with MATX. they are smaller with 4 expansion slots vs. 7 for ATX.
Atx has back i/0 ports, audio & lan chipset, so i think it’s better to go with full atx board...i dont know about overheating issues if i go with atx board in meshify c

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021
Such a fan that it potentially prevents you from having a better system now until you get a graphics card? What games are you going to be playing?
Fortnite, grand theft auto v, nfs all versions, harry potter all versions,I don’t play games much but will likely start playing now😊..plz do recommend me some good ones...

also plz help me with my query

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
An AIO isn't a good idea for first time builders. I believe you need a backup cooler when using them - and no, the crappy Intel stock cooler doesn't count.

Deepcool's AS500 gets my vote.
I do not recommend NH-U12S because of the NF-F12 fan. Their sound profile consists of an annoying hum which will keep you from using them to their fullest.
The U12S Redux might be ok, but I haven't personally tested their NF-P12 fan, so I can't say for sure.

Fortnite, grand theft auto v, nfs all versions, harry potter all versions,I don’t play games much but will likely start playing now😊..plz do recommend me some good ones...

also plz help me with my query
If you are asking for games I can give you a pretty good amount of them, but what are your favorite genre's? It seems you like racing games so I can wholeheartedly suggest Burnout Paradice Remastered. If you like tabletop RPGs or just want to dip your toes a bit Pathfinder: Kingmaker will scratch that itch. If you end up liking PF;KM Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous came out recently and is even better. If you like more narrative driven RPGs and either like or don't mind Star Wars I highly recommend Star Wars; Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 (not the online game). There is also Dragonage; Origins which is one of my favorites along with SW;KOTOR 1 & 2. If you like Dark Souls I recommend playing all of them and in addition Nioh, and Nioh 2.