Question Flash id check error when trying to update bios on GA-H170-HD3 DDR3 via Q Flash

Gouldlinger

Prominent
Aug 22, 2019
Because of problems I am having with Windows 10, it has been suggested to me on Reddit and the windows 10 forums to update to the latest bios.

I brought a USB stick off amazon yesterday to install the bios to and found out I needed to convert it to fat32 to be recognized, which I did.

My current motherboard is this one off Ebuyer: https://www.ebuyer.com/722055-gigab...d-hdmi-7-1-channel-audio-atx-ga-h170-hd3-ddr3

As far as I can tell this is the correct page to find my bios updates from:https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/GA-H170-HD3-DDR3-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

So I downloaded and extracted F21e, 2‎018/03/09 update to my USB stick.

But when it came to actually do the Q flash on the bios screen I get the id check error and it just stops working.

As far as I can tell I have the correct bios ready to update it, but it simply won't do it.

Would appreciate any help to where I am going wrong.

Thanks

Gouldlinger

Prominent
Aug 22, 2019
Okay, I have successfully installed the latest bios now. I was getting confused with a very very similar motherboard which was the same name as mine without the 'ddr3' part on the end of it.

A very easy mistake to make I think. Pity me :)

Gouldlinger

Prominent
Aug 22, 2019
Okay after Installing bios I get a screen every time before I can start windows.

It looks something like this

Windows Boot Manager

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Enter=Continue

Yet if I just hit continue, windows just starts up like normal. I am very concerned about why I am getting this screen on each startup though.

Gouldlinger

Prominent
Aug 22, 2019
After doing some more googling, it would appear my bios was simply booting the wrong drive.

After saving the new order, it boots straight into windows.

Fingers crossed after all this the original computer freezing problem is over.