[SOLVED] Forza Horizon 4 crashing after around 15 minutes

Mar 7, 2020
Hello, So I bought Forza Horizon 4 around 1-2 weeks ago and I had the 20.2.1 AMD Driver for my 5700xt installed, and it ran perfectly. I then installed the newer driver 20.2.2 and after around 15 minutes of playing my PC freezes and I have to hold down the start button on my case for it to restart the pc. I have the ingame settings set to ultra but mirror quality to high.
I have all my drivers up to date, and my windows too. This is only happening on forza not any other game... I have my ram overclocked but thats it. But that cant be the problem either because before the driver update everything ran fine.

PC Specs:

Red Devil RX 5700XT
Ryzen 5 3600
B450 gaming plus pro carbon ac
16gb Trident Z RGB 3600mhz CL15
860 EVO 1TB SSD

I need replies not views people!

Last edited:
Solution
So, you had the old driver installed, and it worked perfectly, you installed the new driver and the game crashes after about 15 min, then when you rolled back to the old driver the game crashes constantly?
Maybe try using the ddu tool to uninstall all old drivers and then re install the newest one? Or if that doesn't work, use the tool again and install the 2.1 instead of 2.2.

rgd1101

Don't
make and model of the psu?
what the cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd/hdd usage during the game?
lower detail/settings for this game?

this driver fix a lot of issues. might be the next one that fix this game issue.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020
be quiet! Straight Power 11 750W,
around 50-70% Ram Usage during gaming
ssd is not using much during gaming
Im gonna try lowering the settings.
CPU Temps around gaming are 60-70 C
GPU is at 100% usage acording to Task Manager and it hits around 70C

Last edited:

bryanc723

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2015
So, you had the old driver installed, and it worked perfectly, you installed the new driver and the game crashes after about 15 min, then when you rolled back to the old driver the game crashes constantly?
Maybe try using the ddu tool to uninstall all old drivers and then re install the newest one? Or if that doesn't work, use the tool again and install the 2.1 instead of 2.2.

Solution
Mar 7, 2020
It's worked this time with the new driver I just put the fan speed to 65 on msi afterburner and it ran without problems Idk why it didnt before but I fixed it! Thanks for the help