Four 10-Slot Cases For Four-Way SLI, Tested And Reviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn those cases look huge, in a good way.
i am pretty sure i could live in the top [strike]apartment[/strike] compartment of the azza case. it has in built cooling, water supply if one is using water cooling, a bottom grill window and so on. ;D

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I just wish I could find the Azza Fusion 4000. >:\

I could really take advantage of the dual mobo feature.
Just stick a i5-i7 Mini-ITX system in the top for thin clients, servers for gaming at lans etc..

Then use the more powerful bottom system with a KVM switch and use whichever you want for whatever task you intend to perform. :)

That's what I would do anyway.. I might get thumbed down but that's my use.

I think the Enermax case is really sharp. The Thor isn't bad looking but the Armor is god awful. I don't like the aesthetics of the Azza case, but I bet the top portion could be put to use as a housing for a pretty wicked water cooling setup! That's what I'd do anyway.

G

The toms guys are without ideas. Why not make a competition looking for de pc cheapest-fastest?
Spaniard

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]metallifux[/nom]The enermax looks like a carbon copy of the CoolerMaster CM 690 II Advanced[/citation]Only the looks[citation][nom]metallifux[/nom]carbon copy of the CoolerMaster CM 690 II Advanced http://www.pccasegear.com/index.ph [...] s_id=18722[/citation]Great, I'd love to see you put two power supplies and a 9-10 slot configuration in the 8-slot single PSU case![citation][nom]Spanihard[/nom]The toms guys are without ideas. Why not make a competition looking for de pc cheapest-fastest?Spaniard[/citation]If you'd actually READ any of the previous Tom's Hardware case roundups, you'd know that your suggestion is a rather old idea.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]darkstar845[/nom]Just a question, can the antec 1200w PSU handle all four GTX 580 at full load?[/citation]

I'm pretty sure it would.
They would draw maybe 200-250W each?

[citation][nom]darkstar845[/nom]Just a question, can the antec 1200w PSU handle all four GTX 580 at full load?[/citation]
200W for CPU, mobo, ram, HDD and fans, which should be enough for a good build, but not enough for a large RAID array or anything

Rally Toms? No performance charts for Quad SLI? And what about running Quad SLI on a new SB-E with all of those beautiful PCIe Lanes to spare! Nothing would make my day quite like seeing how sadly my single 570 stacks up to 4X580 lol.

Also, as I said in the initial case review; those are all beautiful cases except for the Thermaltake... just what where they thinking?

LOL, I guess I should not have used the less than and more than signs in my post above! I meant to say that the 580's take a little less than 250W, meaning you have roughly 1000W for graphics, leaving 200W for the rest of the system

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
Why would I spend $1000 for an old processor?

How about seeing the Sandy Bridge-E setup? That would seem more appropriate for a modern quad sli set up.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Bought the 10-slot Armor+ last year & been loving it ever since. Best case I ever had. I want to get another one for my next build.

PROS: Things I do love about this case:
1. It's built solid
2. Plenty of room, easy to build in (it's huge!!)
3. Love how the door open's, so easy, works flawless
4. wanted 10 slot case for future upgrades
5. vents in the front keep out the dust very well, and easy to clean
6. PSU support bar so PSU doesn't flex your case (not that it would, thick metal)
7. plenty of storage (drawer on top, and in front, + I added one)
8. Love the usb ports, power (reset is too small) on top, perfect place, easy to access.
9. ect. ect. ect.

CONS: There are a few things about it that I don't like:
1. The side window, I prefer a plain window so I can see inside.
2. Don't like the card latches, pulled mine off.
3. Wish there were more holes in the m.b. tray for cpu backplate and wire routing.
4. Would have been nice to have Watercooling slots near the bottom (i drilled mine)

But these are only negatives for me, other people might like these features.

Again, this is the best case i've ever had. And I am planning on getting another one. My next build I am gonna take my time building, and I'm planning on modding the crap out of this case. Just waiting till tax time to roll around again. Anyways, anyone interested here is a video of my system and my gaming room. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zfs97z5zOk

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
I enjoyed this article, with one caveat, the Thermaltake Armor. While nice in its day, is an old, outdated design and does NOT deserve to be in this article.
There are a lot of great cases, with modern features that SHOULD have been used instead.
Tip of the hat, to Tom's for actually building with multiple cards, though.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]darkstar845[/nom]Just a question, can the antec 1200w PSU handle all four GTX 580 at full load?[/citation]Easily[citation][nom]blibba[/nom]Can we get some full load temps on the quad SLI?[/citation]Didn't you see the chart? http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fulmo-gt-thor-v2-vh6000bws,3072-7.html Those are the highest temperature for the hottest card in 4-way SLI. If the numbers appear low to you, it's because they're "above ambient" (add around 22°) and because the fans have been set to full speed.[citation][nom]spookyman[/nom]Why would I spend $1000 for an old processor?How about seeing the Sandy Bridge-E setup? That would seem more appropriate for a modern quad sli set up.[/citation]Not available at the time testing began.

hannibal

Distinguished
Are they any more of those 10 slot cases than these four?

In your previous test you did say that 3 GPU configuration is best considering micro shuttering. How these 4*580 managed in considering that matter?

amstech

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Well 4 GPU's stink for most games and the 8 or so games that can support do so VERY poorly.
Lets not mention the screen tearing, stuttering and hiccup issues associated with 4 GPU's as well.

Cool for testing/bragging, but 3 GTX 580's in SLi are the best thing going.

Status
Not open for further replies.