Foxconn Says iPhone 5 Will Put Galaxy S III to Shame

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]kryzzay[/nom]LOL what's the iPhone going to have? 6 core or even 8 core CPU, 2gb of ram? GPU twice as fast as the SG3? I highly doubt it. Looks like this fool is just stirring the pot. "Oh guys just wait a little longer, you can wait it's fun waiting." Then on release we all find out it's a piece of crap. Piss off.[/citation]

IPhone has the advantage of being like consoles in that there are only one hardware to build to, and no virtual engines running on top, so it can use much more of that power than Android. And you never know what Apple might do software-wise, which might be the thing to "blow us away" ( although, I am not expecting much ).

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Shin-san[/nom]Wait. This must mean that the Samsung phone might be manufactured by someone other than Foxconn. That makes me interested in the Samsung device[/citation]
Samsung builds Samsung phones.

G

Of course the iPhone 5 will be better. The Galaxy S3 is a copy and paste of the iPhone 4, only with worse specs and cheap plastic. Samsung has to wait for Apple to make a new, revolutionary design before it can steal it and sell a cheap imitation to idiots willing to pay a mark up for an inferior good.

Now that Apple is cutting them out and going with Sharp and other competitors, Samsung is going to have a harder time stealing!

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
OMG wait for it, "A Rectangular widescreen display". Says the Apple CEO grinning slyly and applying a golf clap to the crowd. He then says Is that something or what, Groundbreaking technology that only Apple can offer,Yet parts or screen is probably from Samsung. lol
Yes I am mocking Apple,By the way l use a 3GS.

But wait there is more,Rumour has it they even have a new mini port connector for iphone 5. Just so you can have the thrill of throwing away all your old chargers,docs,connectors and go to the shop to buy new ones how good is that! sarcasm.....

konc3ptsf

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Im sure it will wipe the floor with, iphones solid build quality metal vs androids plastic hollow design, camera is top notch on iphone, iphone dont need half the beefed up hardware android use to run as efficent, and apparently all the cool apps are iOS based, especially for musicians, or photo/video freaks...all good thing android got going for itself is free tethering, cuz fragmentation across android devices is horrible...my droid charge just recently got gingerbread, my htc incredible was running gingerbread 2 years ago...samsung does make best android phones outta the bunch, nothing comparable to current iphone line up thou

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
...maybe he just means that when the iPhone5 is in the presence of a GSIII Siri will spew insults at the offending non-fruity device and hurts it feelings.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation]I hope Apple will keep the 3.5 inches so that they can stick to the idea that they got the magically size. Any increase in the screen size will prone Android/wp7 users to scream copy cat. Then again, if they don't increase the size, I won't even consider it, even my baby brother thinks it's too small. Very hard decision for Apple to make.[/citation]
I am in the same boat, I have a 4 inch SGS1 now and wouldn't think of getting anything smaller, and probably not even anything the same size. The device would have to wow the hell out of me to make me think a smaller screen is ever worth it, and the iPhones haven't done that yet. 4.8" SIII here i come!

G

iPhones have cheap build quality. If you ever break the touch screen, the "glass" is just like recycled crap. The broken touch screen turns into glitter.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]alexmx[/nom]yeah rightI bet it'll have a 4 inches display with 4K resolution, 4K wall projector, 3D video capture (4K of course, to match the projector) It will be run by a fully functional quantum cpu and also it will feature an ARC reactor...[/citation]
You jest, but there are many people on this site that would never buy a phone with those kinds of spec if Apple sold it..

Magic Man

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
IOS6 brings nothing new, still locked down in Apple's walled garden. The next iPhone will still have a fixed battery, still not support a memory card, still not support USB OTG, still not have a proper file system you can access, still not allow you to do anything outside of what they will permit.

Doesn't really matter how good the hardware is - they still wont allow you to fully use it.

chano99

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
I have no idea why there is so much apple hate... i tried so very hard to like android, I've tried the nexes s the galaxy s2 and the htc evo each of them were fun to play with, but riddled with bugs and other software issues. In the end what is a phone supposed to do?? Its supposed to work and thats what the iphone does, it works!! This is coming fom someone who currenty has an android phone. I tried, but im done with it.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
Still rocking my moto Milestone. Gonna buy whatever you guys are selling on kijiji soon. I hope you won't be disapointed, I'd easily settle for a GS2.

psiboy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
@ Chano99 Clearly you have no Idea how to use the features of android I have had 3 Android phones (all Galaxy S) and all of them have been brilliant, no bugs or other issues have I found! Clearly your a whiny apple fanboy... who is happy to be locked in to apple's walled garden and love being told what to do with an iPhone that is out of date when it launched!) Oh and btw the Galaxy S2 already had a Siri like feature (just double tap the home key) approximately 8 months before the the anti abortion right wing fruit cake Siri rolled around! go away you noob...

G

AFTR ALL SAMSANG R COPING AND SO WELL AS GOOGLE THIER IOS .. ITS APPLE WHO IS THE BEST ..

G

True iphone5 will kill Samsung Galaxy III but what I heard from Samsung is that they have made preparation for iphone5 killer, which is Samsung Nexus II.

Status
Not open for further replies.