Foxconn Says iPhone 5 Will Put Galaxy S III to Shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
by the time the iphone 5(i still think it'll be called the iphone 6) comes out, the samsung Galaxy S IV will be half-complete. thus continuing the perpetual performance war.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Competition is good for the consumer, but come on, this is just idle talk. Where are the specs to back it up? I don't see how their yearly upgrades have ever really put anything to shame.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
Samsung Galaxy s4 will put iPhone 5/6 to shame.

Seriously, I can't see how iPhone 5 or 6 can ever come close to sgs3.
3.99 inches versus 4.8 inches. Don't tell me about iOS versus Android, they're both great, it's just a taste of preference. I used both, and they both have great and pain points.

I hope Apple will keep the 3.5 inches so that they can stick to the idea that they got the magically size. Any increase in the screen size will prone Android/wp7 users to scream copy cat. Then again, if they don't increase the size, I won't even consider it, even my baby brother thinks it's too small. Very hard decision for Apple to make.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
Couldn't then the Galaxy S4 put the iPhone 5 to shame. I think foxconn should focus on the workers making the iPhone 5 and not what it may or may not do.

aqualipt

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
i would love to see that, seriusly, because that will only mean that we (The consumers) are getting a better phone so, yeah, i hope the iphone 5 puts the GS3 to shame, although that will be hard.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Sounds like he is referring only to the display being better. It will just be too small to tell. He forgets that Galaxy Note II will be launching at the same time as the iPhone5 and is expected to have new display tech. HTC OneX and LG Optimus 4x both have in my opinion better displays than the SGSIII. Also he says "in 3-5years" so which is it?

tiang

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
I doubt IP5S can be better than SG3. That is just a marketing strategy to hold people back to buy the Samsung products. As we all know that SG2 is far superior that IP4S. I am sure consumers nowadays are smart enough not to listen to any rumour!

g-unit1111

Titan
It's all talk. I had the iPhone 4 and hated it. I now have the Galaxy S2 and it's easily among the best phones I've ever had. If they fix the antenna problems the iPhone 4 had, the iPhone 5 will be great, until then I'll believe it when I see it.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
there really isnt reason to take his words too seriously. hes the boss of foxcon parent company, I doubt hed know the specifics and performance gaps in the hardware. Hes just marketing the product his subcompany makes, just like any other manufacturer would do for their employer.

alexmx

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
yeah right

I bet it'll have a 4 inches display with 4K resolution, 4K wall projector, 3D video capture (4K of course, to match the projector) It will be run by a fully functional quantum cpu and also it will feature an ARC reactor...

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
I'll start by saying I expect to get thumbed down to oblivion, but...
Maybe I'm just a tree-hugging stick-in-the-mud, maybe it's just my generation (but I doubt it), but what happens to all these older phones that some of you are getting rid of to upgrade to these newer, better phones every generation? I assume you sell them or give them to relatives or trade them in, but at some point, all these unused phones are making their way to a landfill somewhere.
And I'm not suggesting everyone with a smart phone is upgrading everytime a new version comes out, but in all seriousness... it's a phone. Designed primarily to make phone calls, but generally used to make calls and text.
And it's your money to do with as you see fit, but personally, I can't justify buying/upgrading on a regular basis when the phone I have does what I need it to do. Make a phone and text.
So in all seriousness, other than the need to keep up with the Jones' and have the latest/greatest, what's the point?
Begin the down thumbing.

alexmx

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
[citation][nom]vertigo_2000[/nom]I'll start by saying I expect to get thumbed down to oblivion, but...Maybe I'm just a tree-hugging stick-in-the-mud, maybe it's just my generation (but I doubt it), but what happens to all these older phones that some of you are getting rid of to upgrade to these newer, better phones every generation? I assume you sell them or give them to relatives or trade them in, but at some point, all these unused phones are making their way to a landfill somewhere.And I'm not suggesting everyone with a smart phone is upgrading everytime a new version comes out, but in all seriousness... it's a phone. Designed primarily to make phone calls, but generally used to make calls and text.And it's your money to do with as you see fit, but personally, I can't justify buying/upgrading on a regular basis when the phone I have does what I need it to do. Make a phone and text.So in all seriousness, other than the need to keep up with the Jones' and have the latest/greatest, what's the point?Begin the down thumbing.[/citation]

AFAIK, they get recycled, at least here in my country.

When you go to renew your phone, the place has bins where you can put either separately or complete the phones plus their batteries

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Sometimes I come onto forums on a tech enthusiast website, and add a comment about how I like to stick to antiquated old phones, and then protect my valueless post from downvote oblivion with hippy talk and reverse psychology.

Status
Not open for further replies.