Fpda_gear_wind gau

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SSI01

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
Hello,
I am having trouble w/FS2004. My aircraft textures grey out after the engines start. Panels stay ok, all controls work and the sound is fine. I just lose aircraft textures. I then have to ctrl-alt-del out of the sim and get either a "hungapp" message, or "fpda_gear_wind.gau" with 00001520 as the offset in the error signature box. My video card is by NVIDIA. Device Manager says I have four NVIDIA drivers installed, all the same (1.0.15.0), all dated 6-21-10. I also had a RealTek AC'97 Audio card in the list that I've disabled, using only one NVIDIA driver. Now the sim does not load. Does anyone know what is wrong?

SSI01

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
I have an NVIDIA video card for this machine, an NVIDIA GeForce GT240. I've downloaded and installed the latest driver for it (270.61) and have been told by at least one other individual I should consider uninstalling this latest driver and reverting to an earlier one as in his experience the 270 series are full of bugs.