Question FPS drop / Stutter in windows 10 OS when "second screen only" is selected as display.

Sep 17, 2019
Hello guys,

I recently purchased "LG 25UM58 25-inch UltraWide Monitor". I connected it via HDMI to my DELL G5 5587 laptop.

I see a strange FPS/stutter in all over windows apps. The FPS drop is visible in videos very clearly. The whole windows experience looks sort of laggy.

Strange part is that games run smoothly with only "Vsync Enabled" in Game's settings.

I have tried following methods and none of them has worked:

1. Clean installed Nvidia drivers.

2. Disabled windows transparency effect.

3. Vertical sync enable in Nvidia global settings.

Please help me out as i have searched almost most of the forums but have not found a specific solutions which works.

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Squadcore
Sep 17, 2019
are you using HDMI cable to connect laptop to monitor? did you try to plug another monitor before?
i am here with exactly the same issue, gaming on my laptop is smooth, but when i connect monitor it shutters even in windows.

Reactions: ItsPrince
Sep 17, 2019
are you using HDMI cable to connect laptop to monitor? did you try to plug another monitor before?
i am here with exactly the same issue, gaming on my laptop is smooth, but when i connect monitor it shutters even in windows.
Yes i am using HDMI. I have never used another monitor with this laptop before.