[SOLVED] FPS Drops High Latency- R7 5800x/Aourus 3070

Jul 16, 2021
Ryzen 7 5800x
Aourus 3070
32gb 3200mhz ram
Msi Meg ace mobo

When I’m playing games such as call of duty the game begins to stutter the frames drop to 20 and both GPU time and Server latency go crazy Any ideas what this could be and how to fix it makes Cold War unplayable. When it happens if I press windows key and tab back in it corrects itself shortly before it happening again.

Solution
Hi there, is this a new build or an upgraded PC?

First I would check RAM if DCOP is enabled in Bios.

Did you install a FRESH win 10 installation, if not that is recommended.

Uninstall all GPU drivers in Safe Mode with DDU Uninstaller as it cleans out everything and leaves no files behind that can corrupt a clean GPU driver install. Use CCleaner to just clean up the registry, old pathways and old files will get cleaned out.

What is the exact make and model of your PSU.

What is your Boot drive, SSD, Nvme or HDD. Check the health of these with HWinfo 64, it is free and will give you loads of info on your system, Health of drives, Temps on everything etc etc....

Uninstall all GPU drivers in Safe Mode with DDU Uninstaller as it cleans out everything and leaves no files behind that can corrupt a clean GPU driver install. Use CCleaner to just clean up the registry, old pathways and old files will get cleaned out.

What is your Boot drive, SSD, Nvme or HDD. Check the health of these with HWinfo 64, it is free and will give you loads of info on your system, Health of drives, Temps on everything etc etc....

Solution
Jul 16, 2021

Hi it is new build with a fresh install of windows, PSU is Corsair 850w boot drive is an SSD and the health on the drives seems good also the temps. I will check my bios for the DCOP

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
if you're running multiple monitors and playing in borderless window rather in fullscree, windows like to switch to low power mode with some games.
If that is the case you will see both gpu and cpu utilization falling.

Try switching to fullscreen, if that doesn't help change power profile in windows.

Jul 16, 2021
if you're running multiple monitors and playing in borderless window rather in fullscree, windows like to switch to low power mode with some games.
If that is the case you will see both gpu and cpu utilization falling.

Try switching to fullscreen, if that doesn't help change power profile in windows.

I am already on ultimate performance in power plan settings and play fullscreen its weird when i tab out and back in it sort of fixes itself for a little while