Aug 28, 2019
I have been attempting to troubleshoot a FPS Stutter lag issue with my PC. I will be play a game for instance league of legends and after about an hour of playing my FPS will go from 230 down past 60 and lag for about 2 seconds. Then it shoots back up and does this cycle for the rest of the time I am on my pc. It also does it if I am watching a youtube video or pretty much everything on my pc.

I have been monitoring my CPU and GPU temps. CPU is a Ryzen 5 2600x. My CPU temps do not look like they are the issue. My GPU is a gtx 1070. That doesn't go over 50c. I did a memory diagnostics and got no errors back. Here is a speccy of my build. http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hunQ6b8hfoWJv8VeLBVbGTe

I have tried reinstalling Windows 10 2 times on two different SSD's. One being brand new. While I am playing I have open task manager, but nothing is shooting up to 100% when the stutter occurs. I have made sure drivers were up to date and my BIOS is up to date. I am at a loss. Do I need a new CPU, motherboard, psu? Thanks for any help.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
I have been attempting to troubleshoot a FPS Stutter lag issue with my PC. I will be play a game for instance league of legends and after about an hour of playing my FPS will go from 230 down past 60 and lag for about 2 seconds. Then it shoots back up and does this cycle for the rest of the time I am on my pc. It also does it if I am watching a youtube video or pretty much everything on my pc.

I have been monitoring my CPU and GPU temps. CPU is a Ryzen 5 2600x. My CPU temps do not look like they are the issue. My GPU is a gtx 1070. That doesn't go over 50c. I did a memory diagnostics and got no errors back. Here is a speccy of my build. http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hunQ6b8hfoWJv8VeLBVbGTe

I have tried reinstalling Windows 10 2 times on two different SSD's. One being brand new. While I am playing I have open task manager, but nothing is shooting up to 100% when the stutter occurs. I have made sure drivers were up to date and my BIOS is up to date. I am at a loss. Do I need a new CPU, motherboard, psu? Thanks for any help.
What kind of ram? i looked and it says 16 gigs of 1064 which is 2133 essentially. Ryzen benefits from fast ram, so if its supposed to run at a higher speed maybe look at xmp or oc, if its rated speed is 2133 then thats probably your problem. It is trying to grab stuff from the ram but its not as fast as it should be, so it stutters every so often while it waits to load stuff from the hdd/ssd.

Aug 28, 2019
What kind of ram? i looked and it says 16 gigs of 1064 which is 2133 essentially. Ryzen benefits from fast ram, so if its supposed to run at a higher speed maybe look at xmp or oc, if its rated speed is 2133 then thats probably your problem. It is trying to grab stuff from the ram but its not as fast as it should be, so it stutters every so often while it waits to load stuff from the hdd/ssd.

I had the speed bumped up to 3000. But was not sure if i had the voltages right or not. It was booting up and read as 3000, but was not sure if i was doing something wrong there. So i set it back to default.