Coffee

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2005

What do they mean by "frame rate" or fps ?
anyone know ?
If you do how do you adjust it on a NVIDIA display?
Patty

Fram Rate refers to the number of picture frames per second that a given
video card can display, usually while playing a video intensive modern game.
There is no Adjustment for it. You can only vary it for a given card by
finding a better software driver for the card or overclocking the card
(voids the warranty.)

--
DaveW

"Coffee" <pbrown321@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message
> What do they mean by "frame rate" or fps ?
> anyone know ?
> If you do how do you adjust it on a NVIDIA display?
> Patty

Coffee

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2005

The whole thing started over a screensaver from PLUS. "the aquarium one" it
kept jumping every couple seconds or so. I have a good card with 128 mem.
and couldn't figure out what was wrong, since it effected the 3d ones only.
After buying a copy of the screensaver it had a "limit set frame rate to 62"
that could be applied. That made it work great. Still doesn't help my Plus
savers. They all have a jerking motion during playback.

Thanks

Patty

VIDiot here...

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:17:44 GMT, "Coffee" <pbrown321@bellatlantic.net>
wrote:

>What do they mean by "frame rate" or fps ?
>anyone know ?

FPS, as you already have found, means Frames Per Second.

>If you do how do you adjust it on a NVIDIA display?

I do not think that a different driver would effect the frame rate,
however, anything that has the option to allow you to reduce/change the
detail-level, or (as would apply in a screen saver) reduce the number of
objects in view at any given time, would have an impact on the frame
rate. The less detail, fewer the objects, the faster the screen can be
redrawn... thus increasing the framerate.

>Patty

VIDiot
....end of line.