[SOLVED] Fractal Design - Define 7 XL

Iamsotired

Prominent
May 8, 2022
I was wondering if anyone had issue with length of the PSU cables reaching the motherboard headers in a Fractal Design - Define 7 XL, specifically the mobo 24-pin and cpu 4-pin.

PSU: Corsair RM750X.

Solution
What length do you recommend for the SATA data cables?
depends on the size of the motherboard and it's SATA port locations.

with an ATX board we used a single Samsung QVO with it's included cable and it was long enough to reach right-side mounted SATA ports while the drive was mounted on the rear of the motherboard tray.

couldn't tell you the actual length but similar to the majority of others i've ever used.
I tend to place the drives the first 6 in the bottom
if using multiple M.2 drives some SATA ports will likely be disabled.
be sure you verify which, if so.

Iamsotired

Prominent
May 8, 2022
built in one of these earlier this year with a be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 and had plenty of extra cable length for nice routing options.

if unsure compare the manufacturer cable specs for both power supplies.

Thanks you very much!

By the looks of it your Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 has cable sleeve at 120cm in length.

My Corsair RM750x:

24pin - 610mm
8pin - 65mm

And since you said that you had plenty of extra length, it should suffice.

Another question if you don’t mind. What length do you recommend for the SATA data cables?
I tend to place the drives the first 6 in the bottom - I estimate 30cm is enough?

What length do you recommend for the SATA data cables?

with an ATX board we used a single Samsung QVO with it's included cable and it was long enough to reach right-side mounted SATA ports while the drive was mounted on the rear of the motherboard tray.

couldn't tell you the actual length but similar to the majority of others i've ever used.
I tend to place the drives the first 6 in the bottom

Reactions: Iamsotired
Solution

Iamsotired

Prominent
May 8, 2022

Thanks. They're 3.5" and 2.5" drives.
I will try the 30 cm and report back.

Have a nice day!