[SOLVED] Frequent Windows 10 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

kaloyangantchev

Reputable
Apr 9, 2018
Hello I'm in need of some help regarding an issue I have been having with the memory managment bsod.
I started getting it a couple of months ago, I decided to get new ram and reinstall Windows.
The problem stopped for a while but it came back.
I've been trying to fix the problem the last month, but I am just running into dead ends.
I ran chkdsk and everything was fine with no erros.
I ran memtest86 with 8 passes and everything was fine
I've been reading online it maybe caused because of a faulty PSU, Drives or GPU but they seem to be fine.
Maybe something is corrupte like a systemfile anyways to repair Win10 without reinstalling it?

My System specs:
Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H
CPU : Ryzen 5 2400G
GPU : RX 580
RAM : 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance
PSU : Thermaltake 500Watt RGB
SSD : 240gb Sanddisk Plus(System drive)
HDD : A 2018 Barracude 1tb HDD

I really need someone to give me a direction to fixing this problem.
Only lead I could find is that FLTMGR pops out the most of the causing problems so that might help.

[Information that I could gather]

WhoCrashed:
(On Mon 16/03/2020 02:25:06 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031620-28140-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (FLTMGR+0x3F16)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x3F, 0xE8A6, 0x7A1D2F17, 0xBCF4E08D)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Mon 16/03/2020 02:25:06 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!memset+0x436D2)
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 15/03/2020 23:06:57 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031520-17828-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: page_hash_errors_inpage.sys (page_hash_errors_inpage)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x3F, 0x10C5, 0x10C5, 0x6693D2F6)
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: page_hash_errors_inpage.sys .
Google query: page_hash_errors_inpage.sys MEMORY_MANAGEMENT)

BlueScreenViewer:
16/03/2020 02:25:06MEMORY_MANAGEMENT0x0000001a000000000000003f[/TD] [TD]000000000000e8a6000000007a1d2f17[/TD] [TD]00000000bcf4e08dFLTMGR.SYSFLTMGR.SYS+3f16 x64ntoskrnl.exe+1c2380 C:\Windows\Minidump\031620-28140-01.dmp815183621.622.12416/03/2020 02:26:41

Solution
A reinstall of win 10 will likely get new or different drivers and could fix the BSOD. Whether that dump is of much use is debatable now. I will ask my friend to check them out... just in case.

Sorry about forcing a reinstall.

I guess by positive, you mean they passed.

I doubt a repair install of win 10 would have helped. Memory management isn't a BSOD caused by windows. Its more drivers or hardware.

Colif

Win 11 Master
page_hash_errors_inpage.sys had me for a while, but its actually an error within an error, the name of the sys file didn't show right

can you go to C:\Windows\Minidump
copy the files from here to another folder
upload the copies from new folder to a file sharing website and show link here.
Reason you move files from minidump to a new location, and upload copies is you don't have permission to upload the originals.

have you run the APP Centre to see if you have newest drivers for motherboard - https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/GA-AB350M-DS3H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-utility

fltmgr.sys shows up in most Memory Management errors. Its Windows File System Filter Manager. This file is used for making sure that all files on the hard drive stay in their respective locations.

How did you test the ssd & hdd?
Can use this to test ssd SMART details - https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15108/~/sandisk-ssd-dashboard-support-information
you can use this on the Seagate - https://www.seagate.com/au/en/support/downloads/seatools/seatools-win-master/

Hello I'm in need of some help regarding an issue I have been having with the memory managment bsod.
I started getting it a couple of months ago, I decided to get new ram and reinstall Windows.
The problem stopped for a while but it came back.
I've been trying to fix the problem the last month, but I am just running into dead ends.
I ran chkdsk and everything was fine with no erros.
I ran memtest86 with 8 passes and everything was fine
I've been reading online it maybe caused because of a faulty PSU, Drives or GPU but they seem to be fine.
Maybe something is corrupte like a systemfile anyways to repair Win10 without reinstalling it?

My System specs:
Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H
CPU : Ryzen 5 2400G
GPU : RX 580
RAM : 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance
PSU : Thermaltake 500Watt RGB
SSD : 240gb Sanddisk Plus(System drive)
HDD : A 2018 Barracude 1tb HDD

I really need someone to give me a direction to fixing this problem.
Only lead I could find is that FLTMGR pops out the most of the causing problems so that might help.

[Information that I could gather]

WhoCrashed:
(On Mon 16/03/2020 02:25:06 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031620-28140-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (FLTMGR+0x3F16)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager
The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Mon 16/03/2020 02:25:06 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!memset+0x436D2)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 15/03/2020 23:06:57 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031520-17828-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: page_hash_errors_inpage.sys (page_hash_errors_inpage)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x3F, 0x10C5, 0x10C5, 0x6693D2F6)
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: page_hash_errors_inpage.sys .
Google query: page_hash_errors_inpage.sys MEMORY_MANAGEMENT)

BlueScreenViewer:
16/03/2020 02:25:06MEMORY_MANAGEMENT0x0000001a000000000000003f[/TD] [TD]000000000000e8a6000000007a1d2f17[/TD] [TD]00000000bcf4e08dFLTMGR.SYSFLTMGR.SYS+3f16x64ntoskrnl.exe+1c2380C:\Windows\Minidump\031620-28140-01.dmp815183621.622.12416/03/2020 02:26:41
Can you run mem check?

kaloyangantchev

Reputable
Apr 9, 2018
page_hash_errors_inpage.sys had me for a while, but its actually an error within an error, the name of the sys file didn't show right

can you go to C:\Windows\Minidump
copy the files from here to another folder
upload the copies from new folder to a file sharing website and show link here.
Reason you move files from minidump to a new location, and upload copies is you don't have permission to upload the originals.

have you run the APP Centre to see if you have newest drivers for motherboard - https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/GA-AB350M-DS3H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-utility

fltmgr.sys shows up in most Memory Management errors. Its Windows File System Filter Manager. This file is used for making sure that all files on the hard drive stay in their respective locations.

How did you test the ssd & hdd?
Can use this to test ssd SMART details - https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15108/~/sandisk-ssd-dashboard-support-information
you can use this on the Seagate - https://www.seagate.com/au/en/support/downloads/seatools/seatools-win-master/
I don't know what happened but after installing the App Center my PC know has problems booting and sometimes it gets stuck on the manufacture logo. I'm going to peform a reinstall of windows and test my system when it clean so I can garantuee it's not a third party app/driver causing the problem I'll update as soon I'm done.

As instructed here are the minidumps:
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/tgowpeq7zzfka/MiniDumps

Colif

Win 11 Master
A reinstall of win 10 will likely get new or different drivers and could fix the BSOD. Whether that dump is of much use is debatable now. I will ask my friend to check them out... just in case.

I doubt a repair install of win 10 would have helped. Memory management isn't a BSOD caused by windows. Its more drivers or hardware.

Solution

kaloyangantchev

Reputable
Apr 9, 2018

Not having any bsod rn, but that was last time aswell and then they started showing up.
I'll update in 1 to 2 days