[SOLVED] Fresh OS install, need to set GPU as priority card. All games starting and running on monitor connected to integrated graphics

gingerninja252

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
Hi all,

I've had to do a fresh install of my OS as things were getting funky...

Anywho, my monitor configuration is set up with my main monitor (connected to GPU) directly in front, with my other monitor (connected to MOBO) to the left. Since reinstalling the OS, the preferred monitor for everything to start in (including games) has been the one connected to my MOBO (secondary monitor on the left) and they have refused to start on my main monitor. In display settings, Monitor 1 is connected to the integrated GPU and monitor 2 to my discrete GPU. What I really need is for the monitor connected to my discrete GPU to be recognised as Monitor 1. How can I do this?

Ta.

Solution
In display settings select the monitor scroll down a bit and select 'make this my main display'
Also maybe go into bios and make sure to look for any monitor settings there, sometimes there is a setting for which to initialize first pci or mobo.
In display settings select the monitor scroll down a bit and select 'make this my main display'
Also maybe go into bios and make sure to look for any monitor settings there, sometimes there is a setting for which to initialize first pci or mobo.

Solution