MatChesix

Commendable
Apr 3, 2020
I just bought a CPU Xeon x5450 Lga 771 with the mode already done so i can just put the CPU inside the Lga 775 motherboard. When i turn on the PC the fans spin, but monitor is showing no signal! Please Help!

Solution
Its most likely a bios issue. The bios for that 775 board wouldn't have the support for the xeons from a different socket.

You will have to find a modded bios online or someone to mod the bios.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
i have no GPU i'm using 4gb ddr2 ram 800mh, 500w PSU and the motherboard is an elitegroup 15-k76-013000 (super old, pretty much no info can be found about it on the internet)

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is that like most Xeons -- there are a few exceptions -- this CPU doesn't have integrated graphics. If you don't have a GPU, you have no way to see anything.

I just bought a CPU Xeon x5450 Lga 771 with the mode already done so i can just put the CPU inside the Lga 775 motherboard. When i turn on the PC the fans spin, but monitor is showing no signal! Please Help!
Sucker--you bought some fake s... from china and you're wondering why it won't work? These are ILLEGAL and violate Intel's IP as they never made an x5450 that worked out of the box in a lga 775 socket. There's tons of these fake abominations flooding in from the ccp who probably also packed them full of malware. Just say no!

If you want to get a legit x5450 and cut your socket and get the small tape sticker from a legit source, then you still need to make sure you have xeon bios support and furthermore support of that very processor which will be hard to find as it has no reason to be supported on an lga775 system.

As far as where to find the bios mod--do a search for bios mods forum.

MatChesix

Commendable
Apr 3, 2020
Sucker--you bought some fake s... from china and you're wondering why it won't work? These are ILLEGAL and violate Intel's IP as they never made an x5450 that worked out of the box in a lga 775 socket. There's tons of these fake abominations flooding in from the ccp who probably also packed them full of malware. Just say no!

If you want to get a legit x5450 and cut your socket and get the small tape sticker from a legit source, then you still need to make sure you have xeon bios support and furthermore support of that very processor which will be hard to find as it has no reason to be supported on an lga775 system.

As far as where to find the bios mod--do a search for bios mods forum.
Well whats the difference between making my self or buying on the internet already made xeon that works on lga 775? The seller is also giving a 30 day money back and it has almost 1k orders ahe has a 4.8 star rating so i think this seller is alright and there is no problem with the CPU. My pretty sure it's not ILLEGAL, its just against the intels IPP guidelines

Well whats the difference between making my self or buying on the internet already made xeon that works on lga 775? The seller is also giving a 30 day money back and it has almost 1k orders ahe has a 4.8 star rating so i think this seller is alright and there is no problem with the CPU. My pretty sure it's not ILLEGAL, its just against the intels IPP guidelines
Re-read what I wrote. Intel never made an lga775 x5450 or it would have been called something different. These are fakes that are made by copying the intel design and remanufacturing a modified fake product.

And if they can fake processors, you don't think they can fake the seller stats? Don't be so stupid--none of these people are honest and they just want your money and probably have the cpu reporting and stealing your info as well.

Fakes are ILLEGAL. Owning a fake product is ILLEGAL in the US. Fake and counterfeit goods supply cash for other illegal industries like human trafficking, and illegal drug sales--if you don't like those things, then stop buying the products that fund those crimes.

Re-read what I wrote. Intel never made an lga775 x5450 or it would have been called something different. These are fakes that are made by copying the intel design and remanufacturing a modified fake product.

And if they can fake processors, you don't think they can fake the seller stats? Don't be so stupid--none of these people are honest and they just want your money and probably have the cpu reporting and stealing your info as well.

Fakes are ILLEGAL. Owning a fake product is ILLEGAL in the US. Fake and counterfeit goods supply cash for other illegal industries like human trafficking, and illegal drug sales--if you don't like those things, then stop buying the products that fund those crimes.
That's not what they did. They took a 771 Xeon and modded it for lga775. Its a simple process done to a legit Xeon.

That's not what they did. They took a 771 Xeon and modded it for lga775. Its a simple process done to a legit Xeon.
But modifying a legit cpu as a business model doesn't make sense at all as the costs in obtaining the legit hardware and modifying it will far outweigh the sales price of a stock xeon that a user can mod. That's why only chinese fakers have these. Otherwise, we can do the same thing domestically and do it cheaper since there's no international shipping.

These are fakes, plain and simple. And the collective stupidity of people buying this crap is why they keep doing it. I can't wait until the borders are shut to this garbage flooding in that destroys legit companies and their products and reputation.

But modifying a legit cpu as a business model doesn't make sense at all as the costs in obtaining the legit hardware and modifying it will far outweigh the sales price of a stock xeon that a user can mod. That's why only chinese fakers have these. Otherwise, we can do the same thing domestically and do it cheaper since there's no international shipping.

These are fakes, plain and simple. And the collective stupidity of people buying this crap is why they keep doing it. I can't wait until the borders are shut to this garbage flooding in that destroys legit companies and their products and reputation.
They put a sticker on some of the contacts. That's about the extent of it.

They put a sticker on some of the contacts. That's about the extent of it.
If there's a sticker on the pins and the notches aren't modified, then that's pretty simple and has profit potential since the cost of the stickers is nearly nothing.

However, the ones I've seen have the notches for lga775 and modified pads or internal design to make them 'drop-in' lga775 or essentially an lga775 x5450 which intel never made---aka fakes.

However, the ones I've seen have the notches for lga775 and modified pads or internal design to make them 'drop-in' lga775 or essentially an lga775 x5450 which intel never made---aka fakes.
With your reasoning I have been running "Fakes" almost all my life.
I've jumper modded Pentiums.
Jumper andTape modded Pentium 2 & 3s .
Pin modded Pentium 3s and modified bios . .
Pin and bios overclocked Pentium 4s.
Pad and socket modded LGA 775 and 771 processors .
ALL were Genuine Intel processors.
The important part of this post is the OP KNOWINGLY bought a modified processor that would work IF his motherboard and bios supported this processor mod.
His motherboard does not support this with its current bios.
The odds of finding a modded bios for a Elitegroup motherboard of that age is almost zero.
He needs to return it before his return window expires.

With your reasoning I have been running "Fakes" almost all my life.
I've jumper modded Pentiums.
Jumper andTape modded Pentium 2 & 3s .
Pin modded Pentium 3s and modified bios . .
Pin and bios overclocked Pentium 4s.
Pad and socket modded LGA 775 and 771 processors .
ALL were Genuine Intel processors.
The important part of this post is the OP KNOWINGLY bought a modified processor that would work IF his motherboard and bios supported this processor mod.
His motherboard does not support this with its current bios.
The odds of finding a modded bios for a Elitegroup motherboard of that age is almost zero.
He needs to return it before his return window expires.
That's modding genuine processors and not what I'm talking about.

Any lga771 processor that drops into an lga775 is a fake because a real lga771 requires the lga775 socket to be modded, not just taping the processor.