G.SKILL RAM problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

semperfidelis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Hi,

I bought myself a new PC in september last year. Up till now I was quite pleased with it. Yesterday however my computer suddenly froze. I could still use my mouse, but windows did not respond. I then rebooted my PC and noticed that this was impossible. Half the time it freezes while still in the boot menu. The other times I get past the windows loading sign but when It gets to the account's screen, the whole screen is dark except for a small blue box with"nl" in the upper corner. (NL is the language).

I tried swapping video-cards but there was no problem there. So I'm guessing the problem is my SSD, the RAM or my MOBO.

Can any of you tell me what is causing this problem?

My specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K @4.5GHz

RAM: 2* G.Skill 4 GB DDR3-1600

SSD: OCZ Vertex 90GB SSD

HDD: 2x Samsung HD 1TB

GPU: SAPPHIRE 2GB D5 X HD6970 Crossfire

MOB: ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional

PSU: Antec High Current Gamer HCG-900

Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

Thanks

Solution
To test the memory, insert one module at a time. Make sure to input DRAM frequency, timings, and voltage in BIOS. Then start up and see if problem persists for each module, or whether a module performs differently than the other.

If both perform the same, the issue may lie elsewhere.

Thank you
GSKILL SUPPORT
To test the memory, insert one module at a time. Make sure to input DRAM frequency, timings, and voltage in BIOS. Then start up and see if problem persists for each module, or whether a module performs differently than the other.

If both perform the same, the issue may lie elsewhere.

Thank you
GSKILL SUPPORT

Solution

semperfidelis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010

Thanks, tried this. There seams to be no problem. It seems to be my ssd that is causing the issue's...

Status
Not open for further replies.