GA-&DPXDW-P (or+) weirdness

Hi,

I just built a system with this board and I'm trying to get it to work but
it's hanging when Windows 2000 Server is in the startup sequence. (The first
reboot after setup finishes, at the point where it says Windows is starting)

Also sometimes the board fails to detect the hard drive. Although that
problem seems to have gone away. (?)

Does anyone know if this board is qualified to run Windows 2000?

As I look now it doesn't seem to have the designed for Windows Logo.

Gary

Opps, I see I made a typo. Should have been GA-7.

Gary

"Gary Wardell" <nospam@sample.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just built a system with this board and I'm trying to get it to work but
> it's hanging when Windows 2000 Server is in the startup sequence. (The
first
> reboot after setup finishes, at the point where it says Windows is
starting)

> Also sometimes the board fails to detect the hard drive. Although that
> problem seems to have gone away. (?)
>
> Does anyone know if this board is qualified to run Windows 2000?
>
> As I look now it doesn't seem to have the designed for Windows Logo.
>
> Gary

> I just built a system with this board and I'm trying to get it to
work but
> it's hanging when Windows 2000 Server is in the startup sequence.
(The first
> reboot after setup finishes, at the point where it says Windows is
starting)

We had exactly the same problem and had to get a replacement board.
That has lasted about six months but I'm about to throw it in the bin
as recently the server has started:

1) Not working with KVM
2) Blue screening - all it is a file server and part-time SQL server
3) SCSI controller disk errors (could be blue screen cause)
4) Won't recognise *any* hard disk on the IDE channels

When #4 happened, we bought a SATA controller and that works.

But it doesn't fill one with confidence about the entire motherboard.
Personally, I think it's a flawed design but that's just my opinion :)
Rob.